Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 KTM Super Duke 1090R
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On your Hypers in a rear tire size. Factory is 180 some folks run 190 what is your taste and why?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I recently changed tyres and the only change was on the type of the tyre. So from pirelli corsa went for scorpion sync. Gets warm faster and feels better when cornering, it kinda gives me more confidence to push it a bit further!!:)

ARe they really using 190 tyres? Those who are can you post any pics?

TIA
Geo

·
Registered
228 Posts
would not look at running a 190, 180 turns in better, switched to pirelli corsa scorpion syncs, they warm up better, late May might run conti road attacks

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
come on folks dont be shy... who is running 180's vs 190's

I know the 180 turns faster, the first thing i did to my RC51 was change out the rear tire to a 180... I have heard that some folks have gone to the 190 and the bike (according to them) sticks better...

thoughts....

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Mate of mine runs a 190 Pilot Road 2C, he was running out of traction with the 180 so the 190 gives him that little extra ... but his gear lever and brake lever are half gone too so that tells you his ability.

Mine, I run 180 Scorpion Sync and love it, great cold road and wet tyre and does not mind the dirt and a bit a mud on the road, perfect Tardis tyre.

·
Registered
327 Posts
come on folks dont be shy... who is running 180's vs 190's

I know the 180 turns faster, the first thing i did to my RC51 was change out the rear tire to a 180... I have heard that some folks have gone to the 190 and the bike (according to them) sticks better...

thoughts....
I run a 180 Corsa III on the HM. I take it you mean a 190/55 tire adn not a 190/50. Aside from turning a bit slower than the 180/55, the 190 weighs more and costs more. On the street, I doubt us mere mortals need a 190/55 except for Wed. nights at Hooters!:

Do you still have your RC? RCs rock!:yeah:

·
Registered
327 Posts
I think Guido runs a 190 on his BSTs.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I just bought a new stocker for my base model. BRIDGESTONE BT014 180/55. I was very happy with it and found out that they are discontinued. I found one, so I grabbed it. I did think about going with a 190, but love the way the bike handles now. I also figured it would be a little extra weight, so I'd like to have less rotating mass for a little quicker spool-up. Not that it matters for me. I'm a heavy guy, I mean lard-ass heavy..LOL Don't need the extra weight. Not sure if it does weigh more, just my thought...:D

BTW, are most of you using the same tire compound for front & rear, or are you mixing?

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I run a 180 Corsa III on the HM. I take it you mean a 190/55 tire adn not a 190/50. Aside from turning a bit slower than the 180/55, the 190 weighs more and costs more. On the street, I doubt us mere mortals need a 190/55 except for Wed. nights at Hooters!:

Do you still have your RC? RCs rock!:yeah:
no the Rc went a while back we had a street and race one... loved the bike should have kept one:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts