Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Oke, guys whats happening here.

First i posted a topic here to sell parts of my ST4. Which got take offline without any alert, strange to me but oke. So i made a topic on why and got adviced to post in the classifieds..

So which i did! read and followed the rulez.

But also this topic (in which i asked why..) as well as the post in the classifieds got taken off.
I did followed the rules as asked for in the classifieds regulation.
Also a personal message to scott got never to answered.

What? am i supposed to do. No explenation, not even a notification. it's that i looked why there was no response that i found out the classified add was taken off.

i'm oke if things are taken of if not according to guidelines but at least send out a pm so you know it's been taken of with something standard on why. please advice...

Kind regards

Matt

ps: expecting this to disappear soon too.

·
comrade moderator
26,982 Posts
Matt,

All your questions can be answered by reading the site rules (which nobody likes to do), and the Classifieds rules (which you haven't).

Here's the Readers Digest version: No posting stuff for sale in the regular forums. That means this one. Do you see any other ads here? Huh. For Sale and Wanted posts go in the Classifieds.

Everything posted for sale in the Classifieds needs an asking price. That means don't just say, "I'm selling parts, contact me". That don't cut it. We need a list of the parts available and an asking price for each part.

It's that simple. :)

As a rule, we don't send everybody who's post we move, remove or edit a PM explaining what we did and why. We would be here all day exchanging PM's with folks who don't agree with what we did and want to discuss it.

~Chuck

p.s. why do you expect this to disappear soon? :think:

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Matt, All your questions can be answered by reading the site rules (which nobody likes to do), and the Classifieds rules (which you haven't).
no it can't and yes i did!
if you would've read my post as i read the rulez you would've seen me mentioning this! As said at first i didn't but, i did afterwards when i found out via a topic asking why I did read the rules!.

Everything posted for sale in the Classifieds needs an asking price. That means don't just say, "I'm selling parts, contact me". That don't cut it. We need a list of the parts available and an asking price for each part. It's that simple. :)
Oh no it's NOT that simple! One rule is also to keep it as short and simple as possible.
SO! if i want to sell an entire bike in parts it is far far far shorter and simpeler to say entire bike and percentage of the standard price compared to original. This is an asking price! and I did this! This is a FAR clearer and transparent than to make the entire list of all the parts that are in the entire bike. Have you ever seen that list.. would you want that online? Guess not. Otherwise please explain to me how to put more than 100 parts online, of which a likely 50% is not of any once interest.

As a rule, we don't send everybody who's post we move, remove or edit a PM explaining what we did and why. We would be here all day exchanging PM's with folks who don't agree with what we did and want to discuss it.
I completely understand the not discussing things completely, that would be impossible! But one needs to be informed the topic has taken off! A simple bott message would survice. It's a forum, so you'd know how to make a bott message I prosume.

~Chuck
p.s. why do you expect this to disappear soon? :think:
Because you did it before! a topic in which i asked what went wrong after the first removal has been removed to. This was not me selling anything, this was about information, this topic could've been added to that, but pooff.. like smoke.

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Matt,

The rules are very clear: no selling items in any forum but the classifieds. Here is a link to the rules:

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/165-wel...members-please-read-ducati-ms-rules-road.html

Mike
AS said, in my post.. Yeah my 1e post was NOT according to the rulez here, I completely admitt, No problem at all. So after that i posted why..??? finding out the classifieds!

I never visit much of the rest of the forum besides the ST segment. So i really didn't know about the classifieds. After which i DID read the rules on the classified and applied them as close to the letter as I could. It is that post AND the post asking me why in the first place that also got removed that got me angry. No need for that what so ever! Specially if there is not even a bott message attached to inform you of the removal. I'm a member on many forums. A lot of forums replace post no biggy, but there is always a bot message.

Kind greatings

Matt

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Wonway: nope.

I said what i needed to say.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
It's just the rules, Spikey, nothing personal. I found that out a while back when my advert disappeared from the forum and reappeared in the classifieds. I thought a moderator was being a jerk but then I read the rules; completely my fault.

Joe

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh I understand it's nothing personal. And really don't mind replacing or moving topics that are wrong or misplaced. it's a forum, that's what the moderators are for and bott's

But removing 3 post, of which at least 1 and I feel 2 are according to rules.

But i give up. IT's taking way to much of my time.

·
Premium Member
5,647 Posts
Oh no it's NOT that simple! One rule is also to keep it as short and simple as possible.
SO! if i want to sell an entire bike in parts it is far far far shorter and simpeler to say entire bike and percentage of the standard price compared to original. This is an asking price! and I did this! This is a FAR clearer and transparent than to make the entire list of all the parts that are in the entire bike. Have you ever seen that list.. would you want that online? Guess not. Otherwise please explain to me how to put more than 100 parts online, of which a likely 50% is not of any once interest.

Do what everyone else does when parting an entire bike. List a few main components, with prices. 10 / 15 or so to start. Say PM me with requests for parts not listed...

You can always update / bump your add as things are sold and add a few more parts if you wish. You're making it much too complicated!

Keep in mind you are never going to sell every part. Especially for an ST. You're best bet is to sell items as assemblies where you can and if they are ST specific parts. Identify what parts fit more than one bike, wheels will also fit older Monsters, for example. Same with the swing arm. ECU will fit 748 and 996, same with the switch gear. Anyone who has parted a non-special (ie rare or R model) Ducati will tell you how long it can take. Look at eBay adds and keep an eye on how long some things have been for sale.

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
Because you did it before! a topic in which i asked what went wrong after the first removal has been removed to. This was not me selling anything, this was about information, this topic could've been added to that, but pooff.. like smoke.
You know its kinda cool that we mods can look at all your threads and see if any of them have been deleted or changed.
None of yours have. Not a single one.

Also, just to back up my fellow mods, lets set something straight.
This forum is privatly owned and run. We (the mods, admins and owner) set the rules and regulations as we see fit. We are not obliged to answer questions or explain why the rules and regulations are as they are. This is not a democracy, this is the equal to you asking a business owner why they dont do something a certain way just because you feel its better for you.

We mods are also unpaid.
We also feel that you should read the rules and try and understand them.
We also reserve the right to police the board according to said rules.

Do we pm people about removing a thread? Generally, yes, but we are not obliged to. If time is scarcem then it will not happen.
Especially in regards to sales and buy threads where the rules are VERY specific.
And they arent hard to follow.
Oh.. And they arent optional either.

Now this is just a friendly reminder. We arent powerhungry keyboard hooligans, just people who like this board and have decided to donate time and energy to keep the standard up.
How about you? Do you feel that this thread added ANYTHING meaningful to this board or are you just whining?

·
Administrator
12,689 Posts
Also a personal message to scott got never to answered.
I have never received a PM from you, you might have sent it to another Scott :|

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
@ MTscott2: never had such problems with that before.. Baptising / bathing cats i mean. Was actually quit good at it, needed to be to.

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
@ scott: i took it from the rules where you posted as a moderator, same picture (as far as i recall but it really isn't that standard, fun actually, so).. and send a message from there.

I don't know how you didn't get it.. But it was you I send it too.. unless there are too scott's with the same avatar image posting as admin, but i feel like i don't want to waist anymore time on this. My point has been made and that's it for now.

Kind regards

Matt

ps: thanks for replying this time.

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
@ amullo:

1) well you say you see nothing has been reoved, i see the topics are not there anymore, i tripple chacked the list of topics i posted. Which one of use is right, who cares. probably a ghost on the forum or something.
2) and I do appreciate the time you guys invest! no doubt about that..! Specially a large busy forum like this and policing is necessairy i understand that. and Again i will say this.. the first 1e one, my bad, I appologize for this..again. But the other once were, let's say it this way after i read the classifieds rules and used them as good as i saw fit.
3) from my point of view, if things are happening as I say.. Than yes I believe it can bring a contribution, yes! You make it clear that you don't agree but that your oppinion. It's the internet so we alle have the right to our own. I don't have time to whine, but I als don't have time to keep posting things over and over again.

As said in a other reply, for me it's done now! I will not post a classifieds for now.
I will find another way or thake the time to come op with the 100+ part list plus price you guys request. Hope that, that one will not disappear either.

Kind greatings and enjoy the policing.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts