Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't seen much here lately from our other Oz Hyper riders... are you all still around???

What have you's been up to?

Mine's due now for the 12K/Km service, lots of money I expect; just got a new rear tyre and took a ride home for 3 days (1100km roundtrip) went like a dream, except for the freeway parts...

We should meet for a brekky one morning early and talk BS before a pre-Xmas ride maybe???

Look what I saw at the bike Museum at Tamworth on the weekend:
quite stunning!!

:) :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Haven't seen much here lately from our other Oz Hyper riders... are you all still around???

What have you's been up to?

Mine's due now for the 12K/Km service, lots of money I expect; just got a new rear tyre and took a ride home for 3 days (1100km roundtrip) went like a dream, except for the freeway parts...

We should meet for a brekky one morning early and talk BS before a pre-Xmas ride maybe???

Look what I saw at the bike Museum at Tamworth on the weekend:
quite stunning!!

:) :)
I'm new but still around. AHven't ridden anywhere interesting just to work and back and a few beach runs to ogle the joggers.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Yes

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
wow ... that is one fugly rear license plate fender thing-a-ma-bob on that mh900e. is that a requirement for bikes in oz?

·
Registered
592 Posts
I'm still about. mainly at the track these days. fancy an EC ride day? I'll also be keen for a ride out one weekend. Brad's moving to brisvagas i think.

there is some funny law here that the fender has to extend past the back of the rear wheel i think. most people just take a hack saw to it.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
still here up north

still no dealer up here with the side stand holding with loctite and love
getting bummed around by Ducati Australia.

Starting to get so hot you can boil an egg on the DP comfort seat.

shanetbird

Townsville

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Stoogin' around Perth.

Haven't seen any other Hypers about for ages! In fact I've only ever seen one other out and about.

Remery, are we gonna catch up?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yep Elliot, we need to catch up, last time I saw you I had to duck down and hide because I was driving my wife's Eos.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I was in Crows Nest, Sydney, a while ago and saw a bloke in a business suit tootling around on a hyper doing his shopping I believe.

·
Registered
13 Posts
G'Day all!
Newly registered here also, actually been a guest for a while though.
I'm in Vic with 08 Standard model. It's virtually an unknown bike down here, i've only come across one other at the Island.

·
Registered
243 Posts
back on an 08 model (standard) ,with racing seat and termi 2-1 ( can see on tradingpost.com.au).
Sold the 690 SMC last week .I will mis it as its fun , but just not the whole ducati 'package' , if you know what I mean.
I'm looking forward to fettling again- already bought bits for it - I should get it on Wed this week.
Time for a ride then.
jonathan

·
Registered
592 Posts
sweet. take it to see Terry Hay and get the suspension done. best bang for the $ you can spend. come take mine for a spin and you'll see why.

·
Registered
256 Posts
back on an 08 model (standard) ,with racing seat and termi 2-1 ( can see on tradingpost.com.au).
Sold the 690 SMC last week .I will mis it as its fun , but just not the whole ducati 'package' , if you know what I mean.
I'm looking forward to fettling again- already bought bits for it - I should get it on Wed this week.
Time for a ride then.
jonathan
Hey, you sold almost the same bike as me and bought exactly the same bike and extras as me! I'm trying the standard seat for a while.

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
unfortunately, the standard seat crushes my knackers, so it would have to go anyway!
I'm planning to keep this one for a while .
(whoops, I've said that before.8 bikes in 2.5 years.)
jonathan

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
unfortunately, the standard seat crushes my knackers, so it would have to go anyway!
I'm planning to keep this one for a while .
(whoops, I've said that before.8 bikes in 2.5 years.)
jonathan
:D:D speaking of seats, I did my little 1100km roundtrip home & back last w/end with an airhawk seat cushion, yeah didn't look tough:rolleyes: but, hey... not one sore butt issue during the whole trip, bloody marvelous! made the long ride much more fun!
I say... the new 1200 multi is sounding rather nice... oh dear...JPG I know how you feel...my average is a new ride every 1.5years... and I pick up my new SV6 Ute this week too... in case it rains or I get a flat you know.... LOL

:)

·
Registered
256 Posts
holy ... 8 bikes in 2.5 yrs?
thats awesome! haha
I felt weird on the Hyper after 6 years of riding Supermotos and many years on dirt bikes before that. I put the standard seat on so I would feel a bit higher up... the exact oposite of what most "normal" people would want I suppose. Maybe I'll give the racing seat another go now I'm getting used to the Hyper. Besides the seat's got "performance" written on it so people will look at me sitting next to it at the cafe and think I'm a "performance" rider.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts