Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what they are and their origin in the Ducati scheme of things.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Racing camshafts, usually short duration and high lifting. Used in Ducati Corse race bikes, not meant for street use. There are various styles of RS camshafts for the older and newer Superbikes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, these are the real race cams. If you wanted to buy a race bike to run professionally you would buy and RS model from Ducati. This is essentially what privateer teams do. The cams are not for street use and not all that good for your engine life. You can order most RS cams through a dealer, but it won't be cheap.

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ask this question because I came across info that said that my '02 Bayliss 998 has the RS cams. From the description here it sounds like that may not be true. I dont know what was done to my Bayliss by the original owner. He bought it at Rockwell Cycle in upstate New York but they no longer have service records. I do know that it has an oversized TI exhaust with cans badged FbF but actually made by Sil Motor. Having had an '02 998 as my pevious bike I know that this is no stock 998 motor. It is so much faster and sucks down gas compared to my stock 998. Just wish I knew what has been done to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts