Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( Ok .....after much anticipation my '08 Black 1098S was delivered today :D extended 36mo warranty. I purchased it from an out of state dealer. Now my dilemma, inside the head light assembly on the low beam projector lens is one large greasy finger print and a smudge print plus some other crud. The front fender lower attaching holes, left and right side appear to have cracks/delamination from the center of the holes to the forward edge. I'm not really pleased.......But I want to be tactful.

:think:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Is this a new or used bike? There is a metal piece on the inside of the low beam light that minimizes light "overspray" that is sometimes removed by people in search of brighter low beam. In any event, you can remove the bulb assembly fairly easy and use a rag or q-tip, etc, to remove the fingerprint. Overtightening of the fender bolts will booger things up there. Nothing too severe. Get a black nylon washer or something like that to cover it up. If you look at any bike or car you will see some belmishes that quite frankly are headaches to repair and not anything to fuss with.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this a new or used bike? There is a metal piece on the inside of the low beam light that minimizes light "overspray" that is sometimes removed by people in search of brighter low beam. In any event, you can remove the bulb assembly fairly easy and use a rag or q-tip, etc, to remove the fingerprint. Overtightened of the fender bolts will booger things up there. Nothing too severe. Get a black nylon washer or something like that to cover it up. If you look at any bike or car you will see some blemishes that quite frankly are headaches to repair and not anything to fuss with.
The bike is brand new 7mi. Ok ....I'm being overly anal, not unusual for me. Thanks!
Steve

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
I would at least let the dealer know about the fender. You could start by saying: " I wish not to offend you but..." put the dealer at ease and ask him for a new fender. Heck...it's new and I really can't see the dealer being anything but helpful w/ regard to replacing the fender...at least!:)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've looked at the headlight assembly in the shop manual...how difficult is it to remove the assembly. :think:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts