Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a CR although i wanted an SP. Why? because it only had 4800 miles on it. In the past 3 months ive purchased a brand new fairing (98) for 150 :). A 5.5 rear wheel with michelin for 51 plus shipping. A ducati performance carbon from fender for 50ish. OOPs forgot a ducati OEM mounting kit for the full fairing for 40.

I need the SP remote res. clutch and front brake and id love to bottom mount the rear brake with the steel swingarm (unless a 1000ss/late 800ss aluminum one will fit with minor mods) and a superbike fork ( i have the showa non adjust).And i will buy a solo tail this winter. Other than those things what am i missing?

Oh yeah any recommendations on slipper clutches is welcome. The mountain/ country roads i roll on would be more fun with out the rear wheel arguing on the sharp linked bits.

Im in a swell mood and mostly just wanted to share ( i love this thing)

Monty

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
A better rear shock to go with the Superbike forks (Penske or Ohlins). Keihin FCR carbs to wake it up. Forget the slipper clutch unless you are racing; learn to match engine speed to road speed when you downshift (don't brake with the engine).
Joe

·
Registered
255 Posts
A better rear shock to go with the Superbike forks (Penske or Ohlins). Keihin FCR carbs to wake it up. Forget the slipper clutch unless you are racing; learn to match engine speed to road speed when you downshift (don't brake with the engine).
Joe
I thought he meant "what do I need to make it like an SP".

In addition to what you listed, you still need adjustable front forks and shock (unless you already have a Showa shock). Carbon hugger and clutch cover. Full-floating cast-iron front brake rotors.

Glad you're enjoying the bike - photos would be nice :D

Cheers

d.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts