Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i just wanted to say, i was hesitant on swapping out my stock bridgestone tires at just 2k miles, but i really wish i did this as soon as i got the bike. I bought Pilot Power 2CT's and what a difference it made. These tires were made for this bikes, so much more nimble, and so much more confidence in the turns. I almost hate going straight now that is so fun to turn. If anyone is on the fence...dont, just replace them!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
+1

Made the same change, and the difference is unreal. Bike just dives into the corners. Was my garage's recommendation, and is the best thing aside from the suspension I have changed.

They also seem to wear very well. Much better than the Bridgestones that came on the std. Have put around 4k km on the new 2CT's, and still have a looooong way to go (or maybe i need to ride harder!!)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine came with the pirelli tires. The got eaten up much too quickly. I went to the Bridgestone 002rs and I am much happier.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I bought Pilot Power 2CT's and what a difference it made. These tires were made for this bikes, so much more nimble, and so much more confidence in the turns. !!
I feel the same way about my new tires. I just finished my 2nd set of Powers on the hyper and got the first 100 miles on the replacement rubber over the weekend. I scrubbed the new front from edge to edge. Bloody Fookin' Amazing level of confidence! like I never thought possible to experience from this bike!!!!

Oh yeah. Wheeeee(BT003)hehehe

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
New PP2CT's should be showing up around Fri. Can't wait to switch.$259 for the pair till the end of the month I believe, from SportbikeTrackGear.Free shipping. I was going to go with the BT016's until I saw this price.I'm about done with my second set of CorsaIII's which I have been happy with but looking forward to trying something new!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I feel the same way about my new tires. I just finished my 2nd set of Powers on the hyper and got the first 100 miles on the replacement rubber over the weekend. I scrubbed the new front from edge to edge. Bloody Fookin' Amazing level of confidence! like I never thought possible to experience from this bike!!!!

Oh yeah. Wheeeee(BT003)hehehe
Are you running regular powers or the 2ct ones. How many miles are you getting from each set? My second corsa 3 is wearing fast and will need a complete set this time around.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Are you running regular powers or the 2ct ones. How many miles are you getting from each set? My second corsa 3 is wearing fast and will need a complete set this time around.
First set was 2ct and second was regular PP's. I did not notice a great deal of difference in feel or wear between them. They were both done in under 2k.

I have heard my new Bridgestones BT003's will yield similar wear rates to the Powers, but I can testify to the fact that the front tire is much more composed at crazy lean angles. I found the Pilot front tire a little twitchy once near the sidewalls edge. The 003's? No Drama!

Not dissing the Michelins at all. I've consumed about 10 sets of them on various bikes over the last few years.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thanks for the input. I can not say anything bad about my Corsa 3s other than I would like to find something that felt as good but lasted longer for commuting and hard street riding. Trying to make up my mind what to try before this 2nd rear to the same front wears out. I realize I'm asking for two things that usually do not come together. Thanks again for trying to help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts