Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1861 - 1880 of 2003 Posts

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Remodeling the man cave, decided I’d go through the vinyl and reduce. Finding lots of stuff I’d forgotten about. I’ve decided to keep quite a few that I never replaced with cd’s. Also keeping some just for the artwork, I’m going to replace my wall posters with holders for them. Do you have any experience with what the record buyers want, condition wise ? They say excellent in their ads, but does that mean taking the 40-50 year age into consideration? Is it even worth the bother to sell them ? Is normal wear on the cover acceptable ? I’m going to make my turntable more easily accessible. My vinyl is in great shape, always played on good equipment, but does anyone have any helpful knowledge of cleaning them without damage? I have both microfiber and rubber gloves .

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
18,318 Posts
Go to Audio Advisor and look at record cleaning stuff. The sky is the limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
I’ve got good record cleaning stuff but it’s to clean on the turntable. I’ve got several hundred to clean. But I’ll check the site, thanks Duckman.

·
Señor Member
8,102 Posts
This past weekend we took a trip to San Antonio to specifically see The Mavericks at the legendary Gruene Hall. What a great performance these guys put on. In this long video the sound isn't so good but it gives you a feel for what a good show they give.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
'09 re-recording of the '77 original by all the original guys. Love both versions. RIP Paul Raymond.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
'09 re-recording of the '77 original by all the original guys. Love both versions. RIP Paul Raymond.
I collect album cover images, UFO used a number of covers done by "Hipgnosis". The UFO album "Force it" had one of the band's more controversial covers. It's pretty easy to spot covers done by Hipgnosis since they typically used a far off shot with an overlay of a closer shot. Look at the cover of "Lights Out" and you can see it's actually two images, same with the "Force It" cover seen below. That style was sortof the Hipgnosis branding. Their images also usually had some sort of play off the album's title .... "Force It" cover having "faucets" on it for instance. The "Lights Out" cover had the image of what looks like a power generation station going on. Hipgnosis' first cover was done for Pink Floyd in 1968 "A Saucerful Of Secrets".

Also .... I DIG UFO!!! Great choice! 🤟 🤟 🤟

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
When I went through the LP collection I saved the more interesting covers to hang on the wall . Too bad my daughter ( 18 yr old umbrella cockatoo) has chewed the corners on so many of the good ones. Nothing she enjoys more than destroying something of value to me. Hangers for albums can be quite expensive but I found some wood trim with a groove already in it that will do a nice job and $20 got me four 8 ft pieces, enough to hang quite a few.

·
18,318 Posts
Hang on the walks? Pfft. I still buy and listen to them. :)

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
I've sold off nearly all my vinyl and my turntable because I haven't had a decent listening space in 15 years. Wish I hadn't but, ....

·
18,318 Posts
I just saw they are touring and playing in Houston soon. I need to go. :)

·
Super Moderator
26,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,876
Don't bother. It's the Chris and Rich Robinson Cash Grab tour. May as well be a Black Crowes tribute band...which Chris was actually playing in recently.
Without Ed, Steve, Johnny and Marc F'n Ford on lead guitar, it's NOT the Black Crowes.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Uriah Heep - "Stealin'" .... one of my very favorite songs of ever. The obvious gospel influenced call and response ... and especially the lyrics. Gotta love "Easy Livin'" as well ... that mega distorted Hammond organ is the shizz-nuts! (Hey Chuck .... I'm telling folks about my organ again!) ... :giggle:

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
Bringin back hair bands doood...........Winger:Headed for a heartbreak. Autograph: Turn up the radio. Queensryche: any and all is okay with me.....

Tomorrow when the anger passes: Steeley Dan, Moody Blues, Tim Akers and The Smoking Section........

Mood swings? Who me?

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Just realized it's been 30 friggin' years since I saw Heep. :oops:

1861 - 1880 of 2003 Posts