Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

2161 - 2180 of 2195 Posts

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Saw the Arctic Monkeys on Austin City Limits. Downloaded some of their stuff, as the mixer on ACL sucked. Much better in studio versions.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
One of my favorite drummers of ever ... Carl Palmer ... 2:42 of just him and his snare.

A few favorite comments from the video:
** "This poor man only has one drum can you imagine how good he'd be with a whole kit"

** If God wanted to play drums, he'd ask Carl Palmer to teach him.

** Absolute Mastery at age 23. Accuracy, power, speed, finesse AND Musicality. The Mount Everest of Progressive Rock in the 1970's. Carl Palmer is a living Legend.

** Wow this guy should be in a band.

** wow !!! that was like a heart surgeon...very technical and superb

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Neil Peart drum solo.

He said he never set out to be the greatest drummer....or even the best....he said he just wanted to be good.

The man was astonishing.

He'd gone to "traditional grip" by then. I prefer the sound and style of the "double overhand grip" he used for decades (think of the Tom Sawyer riffs). He used the double over hand thing up until he went on that two year long bike ride after his wife died, after which he studied up on some old hero drummer of his that had him change to the traditional grip (one hand over, one hand under). Once he changed, his drumming became less busy, more groove oriented, less about doing the Half rhythm/Half melody style he used for several decades. I ~get~ evolving one's technique, but nevertheless I prefer his older style.

2161 - 2180 of 2195 Posts