Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi desmo borthers
we already have talked about this. However i would like to know if someone here already made this change and how.

To change the entire part seem only Bursi able to provide a tested set to convert our engine with dry clutch. point is Bursi only can provide the 4 spring that is to race attitude for me. (1200 euro)

Another choice is to find a multi1100 or hyper engine and change it all...point is not easy to find a good condition one.

Again...did anybody find a better and easy way that really work?

saluti?

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!
at least i find the lost road....:D
Now:
bursi sell all the modification from 848 that can also be use on Gt or Sport.
the complete set cost 1200 euro but 4SP.

ducati offer this one:
http://www.ducati.com:80/shop/product.jspcatid=cat1030155&prodid=prod1500121

we are not sure if can fit but we think that can be done. 6SP and 1400 euro.

I think the 4Sp is too strong for road use, but many people tell me that is not entirely true.
Anyone have opinion about this?
grazie

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
846 Posts
I've been hoping someone would try it. If you pioneer this effort and find that it works, I'm sure that many, self included, will follow in your footsteps.

Godspeed!
+1. cannot wait!! if this works, i know what im getting for christmas....

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've been hoping someone would try it. If you pioneer this effort and find that it works, I'm sure that many, self included, will follow in your footsteps.

Godspeed!

48 Hrs and we will know. I have an phone appointment with the Ducati chief mechanic at Brogo Panigale.
Stay tuned guys...Santa Ciccio will keep you posted.

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
I did the dry clutch conversion on my 848. Pretty straight forward and a very complete kit. I think the biggest way to know if it will work is to know where the oil passage hole is. On my 848 there was a ball valve spring and small screw holding it in place under the front sprocket cover. This is where the crank is fed oil through it to the wet clutch. On the conversion you remove the ball and spring valve and replace it with a tapered needle screw that blocks off the oil flow. No need to mess with switching the crank. Does the 1000 motor have this same oil passage? I am going to sell my 848 and swap the kit over if it fits

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
I checked and compared the two bikes. The oil passage looks the same. Without going for the swap I would not be 100%. I feel that it would work so I will try it in a couple weeks after I pull the parts out of the 848.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
ducatidoc said:
Why not get a '06 Sport (or Smart), swap the motor with the one in your GT and sell the Sport again. I bet you that's an easier and cheaper solution. Or look for a crashed one with a good motor.

Reading through the thread on the lousy resale value of the SC-line in general, I wouldn't be surprised if people start parting out their bikes. That's where you pick up the motor. I could be persuaded to start this trend :think:

RonB

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Why not get a '06 Sport (or Smart), swap the motor with the one in your GT and sell the Sport again. I bet you that's an easier and cheaper solution. Or look for a crashed one with a good motor.

Reading through the thread on the lousy resale value of the SC-line in general, I wouldn't be surprised if people start parting out their bikes. That's where you pick up the motor. I could be persuaded to start this trend :think:

RonB
well..i got 2,200 km on my bike and swap engine is not a good idea. Better buy a 1100 hypermotard then. I try to find one in internet but no luck so far.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
well..i got 2,200 km on my bike and swap engine is not a good idea. Better buy a 1100 hypermotard then. I try to find one in internet but no luck so far.
I can't understand you… why sell your SC and buy a Hypermotard just because of the lousy open clutch:confused:

Go and ride a Hypermotard… i am not sure you will like the handling.

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I can't understand you… why sell your SC and buy a Hypermotard just because of the lousy open clutch:confused:

Go and ride a Hypermotard… i am not sure you will like the handling.

hahahahhaa....
my mistake....here what i mean:

instead of swap engine, i prefer to buy a hypermotard ENGINE 1100 that already have dry clutch and can be easily fit in sport 1000. Is been done already with great satisfaction from the bike owner!

I am sportclassic man...and i intend to stay like this.
BTW..appreciate your fervor...:D:D:D:D
hehehe!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts