Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Administrator
12,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to start a formal thread for our planned overnight ride to Bridgeport on Saturday September 19th.

• The current plan is for riders in our area to meet at Motowheels NLT then 10:30 am and depart by 11:00 am.
  • Meet up with joining riders for lunch at Mel & Fayes in Jackson around 12:00 noon.
  • Depart Mel & Fayes NLT 1:30 pm. Take Highway 88 east with a few stops for photos and stretching. Then turn south on Highway 89 to Markleeville. We should arrive in Markleeville by 3:30 pm. I had suggested a soak at Grover Hot Springs but they actually close for 2 weeks each year and this is the week they usually start their closure.
  • After gas for the Superbikes and a stretch we will continue on to Monitor Pass and then south on Highway 395 to Bridgeport.
I am suggesting we stay at The Ruby Inn in Bridgeport. They have offered a reduced rate for our group of $121 for one bed and $139 for two beds. The place is very clean, has a nice big hot tub and is very bike friendly. If you look on Trip Advisor you will see it gets excellent reviews.
I suggest we have dinner and cocktails at a local restaurant called Rhinos that we can walk to. They have good Pizza, Burgers and usual bar fare at inexpensive prices.

Sunday 9/20/09
If anyone is interested I suggest a morning ride out to Mono Lake, it is great to view at sunrise.
  • Meet for breakfast around 8:30 to 9:00 am (restaurant to be determined) and be packed, gassed up and ready to ride at 10:30 am.
  • We will head north on 395 then west on 108 over Sonora Pass. Lots of photo opportunities along the way.
  • North on Highway 49 to return home.
Any input and thoughts will be appreciated. The date is pretty well set unless we have a lot of people that would prefer to go the weekend before. EVERYONE is welcome from everywhere.

1. Scott
2. Jessica

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
I still need to check our family calendar on that date before I can commit to the ride- but I should be able to go.

We can provide some Coffee and muffins in the morning for everyone that is going on the ride.

-M

·
Administrator
12,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I still need to check our family calendar on that date before I can commit to the ride- but I should be able to go.

We can provide some Coffee and muffins in the morning for eveyone that is going on the ride.

-M
Jessica and I are fine with either the Saturday the 12th or19th so let me know and we will set it all in stone.

·
Premium Member
8,727 Posts
I'm in.

·
Registered
525 Posts
What I have in writing on the 09 ride calendar I made was the 19th. That was the last I remember from the previous thread. MOTO you have to come. You said you were supplying all the drinks as long as John towed them in his trailer behind his MS.

Deidra and I are in for this ride being the 19th. Otherwise she is doing the escape from Alcatraz triathlon on the 12th.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Western U.S. Ride to Bridgeport 9/19/09

1. Scott
2. Jessica
3. Ted

I'll be there Scotty. We'll see if I can keep up with Jess:D

·
Administrator
12,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What I have in writing on the 09 ride calendar I made was the 19th. That was the last I remember from the previous thread. MOTO you have to come. You said you were supplying all the drinks as long as John towed them in his trailer behind his MS.

Deidra and I are in for this ride being the 19th. Otherwise she is doing the escape from Alcatraz triathlon on the 12th.
Unless a bunch of people prefer the 12th then we are set for the 19th.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've ridden the passes the past two Septembers. It's a great time to ride in the Sierras. Warm days and not too much traffic. Are you posting this now because you're concerned about securing reservations? I'm still trying to decide what my spring tour is going to be....:confused:

BTW, if some of you Sac guys head over to Berryessa sometime let me know.... i could meet you at posers and ride to the bridge or other points north.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm in as i've said before. Hey Chris if you add your name to the the list add mine as well, you know me not that savvy on the computer.

·
Administrator
12,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've ridden the passes the past two Septembers. It's a great time to ride in the Sierras. Warm days and not too much traffic. Are you posting this now because you're concerned about securing reservations? I'm still trying to decide what my spring tour is going to be....:confused:

BTW, if some of you Sac guys head over to Berryessa sometime let me know.... i could meet you at posers and ride to the bridge or other points north.
We are posting now to make sure we have a good plan (lunch stops, hotel, dinner) based on the size of the group and to give plenty of notice to see who has a genuine interest.

·
Premium Member
8,727 Posts

Theres a group that I ride with that head out to Berryessa almost weekly. They are called Kneeriders and you can catch their rides on www.kneeriders.com. The site owner is a dedicated Ducatista, his name is RB. Log on and introduce yourself, great people. They have a ride scheduled for 2/1 to Berryessa. If you notice my Avatar, that is a munched 05 600RR that I launched with me on it at Berryessa back in late 05. I was riding with the Kneeriders at the time.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I’m getting thirsty thinking about this one… time for more wine.
Summer will be here soon.
1. Scott
2. Jessica
3. Deidra
4. Walter
5. Chris

Still have to find a close liquor store in Bridgeport.

·
Administrator
12,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jessica and I are reserved and ready to go, she is really looking forward to this ride.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Misti and I are down, but we'll have to see how it goes. That's waaaaay to far out to plan with my schedule. But, it's probably easier to say yes now and then back out than it is to jump in at the last minute.

·
Administrator
12,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just say yes ;)

·
Premium Member
8,727 Posts
Confirm, make the hotel reservations for Sat Sept 19th?

·
Administrator
12,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
391 Posts
If someone's willing to split a room since I'm going solo on this ride, let me know.

1. Scott
2. Jessica
3. Deidra
4. Walter
5. Chris
6. Todd

1 - 20 of 132 Posts