Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dates: June 17th to 20th - 2021

Plumas Pines Resort
3000 Almanor Drive West
Canyon Dam, CA 95923

Plumas Pines Resort
Contact Phone: 530.259.4343
Owner is: Kevin

You must call to make your reservation. The resort is closed in the winter so leave a message and the owner will call you back.

----------------------------------------------

The bear has been poked to start a discussion. Let's pull up a barstool and a shot (or 3 ) of your favorite poison and discuss...

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I’m in regardless of where it is decided to go. My vote is for Plumas Pines again.

Really enjoyed that place, right on the water, good food and beer and a breakfast place just down the road.

·
Registered
228 Posts
If your buying, I'm in... ;) I'll take two finger of any of these... Neat please...

·
Administrator
12,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
2004 Ducati ST3
131 Posts
Great! I have never been there, but know the area and the way there is awesome. Let's do it! I'd like to suggest that we gather at the beginning of the way there for a group ride.

·
Registered
1993 750SS
277 Posts
I'm interested...what are you guys looking at, as far as dates?

·
Administrator
12,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Most likely June 17th to 20th. That has been our normal weekend for the last 10ish years.

·
Administrator
12,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This sounds like a plus. Since I'm coming from WWWAAAYYY down south.

Dave
You can always meet up with Chip in SLO area and head north and then hit the rest of us somewhere along the way. Also my house is available for an overnight stop if anyone needs it.

Reactions: Decreasing Dave

·
Registered
11 Posts
WCM sounds great... I'm in for wherever the destination is. Looking forward to catching up with ya'll soon !

·
Premium Member
2004 Ducati ST3
131 Posts
Fortunately, I am about 2-3 hours southeast from there. There a few ways to go the last way. Depending on the direction you come from. From the south you can come I-5 or Hwy 395. Which way do people want to come up?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Plumas Pines? Are you talking about the bar and grill near Lake Almanor?
I was responding to Scott's open line for this thread...If they're pouring Pappy at Plumas Pines I'd take a glass. I'm game for anywhere next year. Looking back at all our previous destinations I rate them all pretty high.
  • Graeagle
  • Weaverville
  • Plumas Pines
  • Fort Bragg
  • I missed Topaz Lake, but you can't go wrong with the passes in the Sierras

Reactions: scott

·
Premium Member
2004 Ducati ST3
131 Posts
Those are all great places to ride to, but the way to Plumas Pines has the highest choice of great access roads. I live in Nevada City, a gateway to Sierra Foothills with some awesome rides that some ride a couple of hours a Sunday ride. I have attached a map showing my three favorite approaches to the Lake Amador area. Any of the three would be a great way to get there, depending on which approach one takes. The red route is from I-5 North, the yellow is from Hwy 395 North and the third (right through my neck of the woods) from I-80 East. Check them out and let everyone know what you think.

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Those are all great places to ride to, but the way to Plumas Pines has the highest choice of great access roads. I live in Nevada City, a gateway to Sierra Foothills with some awesome rides that some ride a couple of hours a Sunday ride. I have attached a map showing my three favorite approaches to the Lake Amador area. Any of the three would be a great way to get there, depending on which approach one takes. The red route is from I-5 North, the yellow is from Hwy 395 North and the third (right through my neck of the woods) from I-80 East. Check them out and let everyone know what you think.
We have stayed all of those places for past WCM that Chip mentioned along with two others, Cambria and Bridgeport and I can't say that the Lake Almanor area has a higher choice of access roads than some of the others nor would it be a concern however the convenience of food and drink at Plumas Pines was a bonus.

Reactions: Iwannaduc

·
Señor Member
8,305 Posts
My choices would be:
1. Plumas Pines
2. Weaverville
3. Graeagle

Reactions: scott

·
Registered
417 Posts