Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 98 Posts

·
Administrator
12,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Some of the folks wanted to go to Lake Almanor or Graeagle because there are lots of things for the wives to do. Still waiting to hear from River Pines Resort about our preferred weekend. :(

·
Administrator
5,909 Posts
Some of the folks wanted to go to Lake Almanor or Graeagle because there are lots of things for the wives to do. Still waiting to hear from River Pines Resort about our preferred weekend. :(
Yeah, man, I am one of those.
Raingirl loved Graeagle

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I don't have anything to compare to as last year was my first WCM. That said, I thought Lake Almanor had all the bases covered. The restaurant/bar right on the property. Breakfast place just down the road. Lake to watch the sun rise/set over. Nice roads. Places to ride to. Good beers both at the bar and in the sundries store.

Pretty much all the boxes ticked. Wife loved the place too. Oh, and we discovered a wonderful little coffee/pastry shop that just opened that very weekend in Chester. The only thing we didn't like was the rain storm we had to ride through on the way in. Apparently a freak occurrence. Both of us wouldn't mind Graegle either...but would show up pretty much where ever it is decided....but we both gotta know soon as we have to bid for our vacation time.

Not that bidding is a huge deal. We both have enough time in, or in my case, no one to compete with that we'll get it, but if we don't bid, we don't get the time frame we want. \

As for Weaverville....I've been up in that area and while there are some good roads, there's some real goat trails too. Nothing scarier than railing into a corner with a sheer drop on the outside, and sheer cliff on the inside....and finding the pavement ends right at the apex. My wife would turn around right then and there.....sean

·
Registered
832 Posts
Well what can I say, Chip scared the crap out of me a couple of years ago on the goat trail to Cecilville .. but was it worth it? You bet it was which is why we went back the next year. Having wives around is nice especially when wives understand why we do this ride. My wife will come to Weaverville. She will ride from Vancouver and back but will stay in Weaverville on Saturday. Boys just gotta have fun .. Jessica too.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Well what can I say, Chip scared the crap out of me a couple of years ago on the goat trail to Cecilville .. but was it worth it? You bet it was which is why we went back the next year. Having wives around is nice especially when wives understand why we do this ride. My wife will come to Weaverville. She will ride from Vancouver and back but will stay in Weaverville on Saturday. Boys just gotta have fun .. Jessica too.
+1 for Weaverville...

Sorry about the scare Ian... That beautiful stretch of road coming out of Cecilville to 3 is amazing... I love the Weaverville area and all the roads around there... That goat trail along the Forks of Salmon River is awesome. My attendance this year is pending getting someone to cover for me for a couple days... Hopefully it's far enough out to get the help.

·
Administrator
12,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hi all, I have confirmation that we can have the entire resort at Greagle on Fathers Day weekend, our usual weekend. That would give us roads going to Lassen, Tahoe and many points between if everyone is OK with that. There is a restaurant on site for those that have not been there before. Would everyone be OK with this location? I would like to put a hold on it pronto if we are.

·
Smut peddler
878 Posts
Um, please give some details on the dirt road situation up there. Kinda hoping to get a little mud on the tire. And I don't mean like the first night of my honeymoon (I promise this is the last dirt road reference).

Book em Scott-o. I'm in! Moochas Garcia's for all the legwork you do on this stuff. I don't care what all the other guys and Fockers say aboot you. You purty okay in my book. :)=

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
The GT is game for another visit to Greaegle (and/or Weaverville), you can pencil me in!

With all this talk of Weaverville, Weaverville would likely be my day 1 overnight again before continuing on to meet up with the rest of the crew in the Sierras.

·
Administrator
5,909 Posts
Well, the Rainpeople and the Fockers in Graeagle again.
Gawd, the humanity!

For the rest of you, look for the purple hippo!

·
Registered
578 Posts
I remember that day very well. Cecilville to Callahan is just amazing! They also repaved the (what I call) canyon section of HWY 36 (just east of the intersection with 3) about 3 years ago. One of the best sections of road anywhere.
I'll help bribe someone to cover for you...

RobertVP

+1 for Weaverville...

Sorry about the scare Ian... That beautiful stretch of road coming out of Cecilville to 3 is amazing... I love the Weaverville area and all the roads around there... That goat trail along the Forks of Salmon River is awesome. My attendance this year is pending getting someone to cover for me for a couple days... Hopefully it's far enough out to get the help.

·
Administrator
12,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
OK let's book Graeagle this year and do a do Weaverville next year. I think that is a good plan and hope everyone is on board. I am going to update the first post with the hotel information (also listed here) and start the list.

PLEASE book right away so we can have the entire place to ourselves (Victor that means you :D )

Dates: June 18th to the 21st

Our Outpost Is:
River Pines Resort
River Pines Resort Website
530-836-2552
8296 State Highway 89, Blairsden, CA 96103-1784

·
Administrator
12,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
This list:
2. Scott and Jessica
4. Rainman and Raingirl
5. Jackie Treehorn (via Lake Topaz)

·
Registered
578 Posts
This list:
2. Scott and Jessica
4. Rainman and Raingirl
5. Jackie Treehorn (via Lake Topaz)
6. RobertVP

I've missed the last couple years and am looking forward to riding with you folks again!

Patrick - I and (hopefully Ian996) will be in NorCal before and after the meet. Let's plan to meet in Weaverville (or even north of that) before the meet.

Scott - thanks for putting this together.

RobertVP

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well, the Rainpeople and the Fockers in Graeagle again.
Gawd, the humanity!

For the rest of you, look for the purple hippo!
I think that I remember the rainman from Graeagle on my first meet. He brought the Jack Danials But now I have shifted to Gentleman Jack. Graeagle was my first of 6 consecutive events and this one will now be the seventh. I am assuming that the older ST and this older body will make it again. Maybe the newer 899
Have you got the patio room? I love this place as well as Weaverville Has Jackie made reservations for us in Topaz? I didn't know we were stopping there. When did Topaz get on 49 He has been very patient with this older guy
It will be great to see all the old faces again and as always Jessica

21 - 40 of 98 Posts