Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

261 - 280 of 281 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Looks like I missed a great meet... Next time for sure... I know I won't be receiving fuel next June... As for the list Scott put up for next year; I'm always partial to Weaverville, but Graeagle wouldn't be a repeat for me, so I'd be game for that too... I don't even have to plan new routes, I can used the same ones I was going to use this year... ;-) Fort Bragg was good too... Let's face it; it really doesn't matter as long there are twisty roads and good company.

·
Administrator
12,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
Got a few to share:

·
Registered
510 Posts
Great pics Scott! Looks like I missed a very nice lunch. Love the butterfly pic! I forgot all about it. LOL

Reactions: Rainman

·
Smut peddler
1,017 Posts
Great pics Scott! Looks like I missed a very nice lunch. Love the butterfly pic! I forgot all about it. LOL
I'm actually a bit dissapointed in Scott for not getting the pics of the "scenery" at the restaurant. Definitely would be Rainman approved, especially the little upside down v....

Do any of the southern guys make it up to Angeles crest on Thursdays? I can possibly sneak away if you guys were up there.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I'm actually a bit dissapointed in Scott for not getting the pics of the "scenery" at the restaurant. Definitely would be Rainman approved, especially the little upside down v....
LOL! OK, now I'm disappointed. Dammit Scott.

Reactions: Rainman

·
Administrator
12,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
Oh my... break out my 200mm (minimum) glass for that one!

Reactions: F1_nut

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just looking at all the nice pics that everyone posted. Thanks! Hope to be there next year! Anyone going to Laguna Seca over the 4th for Funtrackdayz.

Iwannaduc, what exactly was the mechanical issue on the pathfinder?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Iwannaduc, what exactly was the mechanical issue on the pathfinder?
Well.....we're still not exactly sure. The transmission overheated on the way up, and initially, on the way out. The Pathfinder has a thermal shut down to prevent damage to the transmission. It just shut down and would not start back up until it cooled down below the threshold.

The question is, why exactly. I don't know if it's a case of the fluid being a bit low, or just that climbing out through the Sierras is just that little bit too much for the transmission.

I know my father in law towed a big a$$ sail boat behind it. The trailer for that thing alone was around 1500 lbs. I wasn't towing nearly that. In the end, using 4HI was the solution and we made it back without any further issues. We did however, stop frequently to let the transmission cool down.

·
Registered
54 Posts

Do any of the southern guys make it up to Angeles crest on Thursdays? I can possibly sneak away if you guys were up there.
Yes, I still go up weekly. The 899 was the choice for last Friday. It hasn't been open on thursdays for over 6 months. The place is still closed because of the virus, but a Porsche group takes coffee and donuts and I do indulge. Don't know when they will reopen yet.

With respect to wcm 2021, I vote for Graeagle because they are willing to have us back again and it is a great place (not as good as Topaz, but OK). I may just have to find another way home next year. 395 is a pain

Rubber side is still down

·
Registered
387 Posts
Looks like you all had a great time, nice job :)

Reactions: redpato

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Now that I’ve been back home for a second week, all the transpired has had time to soak in....marinade if you like.

It was in fact, a great deal of fun. As good as my first one in many ways. Somehow though, it felt shorter than last year. Like another day was required.....and we even stayed an extra day.

I can’t thank Scott enough for both putting things together once again.....and making sure we stopped for gas when and where we did.

Many thanks to @F1_nut also for taking such great pictures. Once again, looking forward to next years WCM already.....and a possible part deuce later this year.

Meanwhile......I gotta lotta work to get done.....bikes (3) need tires, 996 needs a full service, GSXR needs service and my project bike has been back burnered until I can get a bunch of house stuff taken care of. No wonder I look forward to the WCM so much!!!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Just a wee update regarding all the maintenance I've had to get done. Finished up with the vast majority of what needed doing on the Aprilia this past weekend. New tires for one. Wheel bearings and clutch slave rebuilds for others. All back together and being ridden.

The new tires are Michelin Power 5s and all I gotta say is damn son. They are STICKY. No warm up required really. Stuck like glue from the first corner on my street. Distance? Maybe 200 feet.

The profile is completely different to the Road 3s they replaced. Much taller in the center with some seriously sticky rubber outside of the center. So sticky, I could not run my hand smoothly over the contact surface.

Also got the diagnostic cables in for the 996. Hoping I can resolve the excessively rich running condition. Next up is tires and maintenance on the yellow GSXR. More later

·
Smut peddler
1,017 Posts
So sticky, I could not run my hand smoothly over the contact surface.
Pros tip- get some astroglide from the woomans performance aisle in the grocery store. You'll be slipping and sliding around every corner... :ROFLMAO:

·
Smut peddler
1,017 Posts
@F1_nut nut What was that app you used to track your rides? I gotta get that for when I go out drankin. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: scott

·
Señor Member
8,201 Posts
@F1_nut nut What was that app you used to track your rides? I gotta get that for when I go out drankin. :ROFLMAO:
Try relive, it tracks your route with a moving map look. Will tell you max speed, altitude, and you can insert photos at stops.

·
Smut peddler
1,017 Posts
@deltaduc - can you post up some more pics of your multi? Doing the valves on line right now, and I can't stop thinking how awesome yours looked. Probably one of the cleanest/ simplest mods I've seen in bit.

Reactions: scott
261 - 280 of 281 Posts