Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 274 Posts

·
Administrator
12,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Time to start making some plans..

Here it is!
PLEASE book right away so we can have the entire place to ourselves (Victor that means you :D )

Dates: June 18th to the 21st

Our Outpost Is:
River Pines Resort

River Pines Website
530-836-2552
8296 State Highway 89, Blairsden, CA 96103-1784

I could also see about renting 30 tents to camp in front of Chip's driveway. :D

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Crissy and I are in for a repeat of Lake Almanor. I dunno about a tent in Chip's driveway.....Crissy was pretty specific in her refusal to tent camp anymore....she hasn't even seen Chip's driveway yet. ?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Well, I'm out. Barring divine intervention, I already promised my wife to go back east with her during that time period to visit my 89 year old mother in-law - and I do mean the classic mother in-law - after skipping out on that treat for several years in a row. I'm past due for the abuse.

I'm psyched. I can't wait. Fff...udge!

:(

·
Señor Member
8,189 Posts
Either place would be great. As far as I can tell, I'll be there barring any unforeseen circumstances.

·
Smut peddler
1,003 Posts
Anywhere, anytime. Sooner the notice the better, as I plan on taking a week off and exploring up there with my pup.

Good luck on camping at Chips. He got all freaked out last time when I asked him how much hose I'd have to bring to make it from his back yard to the storm sewer for my bucket toilet. Apparently he lives in one of those ritzy neighborhoods that don't allow thinking out of the box. Damn yuppies.

·
Administrator
12,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A little update. The resort at Lake Almanor is booked on our usual weekend however the weekend before is available (11th to 14th). The resort at Graeagle is going to call me back to confirm they have the entire place for us on the 18th to 21st. Once I get the call we can pick the weekend and set this in stone.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Mrs Wife says our anniversary was set in stone 20 some years ago.
So I'm still out.
You guys seem kind of sketchy anyway. :p

·
Administrator
12,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mrs Wife says our anniversary was set in stone 20 some years ago.
So I'm still out.
You guys seem kind of sketchy anyway. :p
Which weekend is your anniversary? You might not be able to get away from us that easy... :unsure:

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
It's the weekend before your suggested 18 - 21st.
Don't change anything for me, but I'll watch this thread and think on it.
I could use a road trip. I have excess soft luggage to pick from.
Slightly off topic, got my bike back and dealer says the occasional and intermittent CEL and no rev problem is fixed. :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Time to start making some plans...
Most likely the usual weekend of June 17th / 18th to 21st

There seemed to be a strong consensus for considering the same location as 2019 (Lake Almanor) or Graeagle. I have left messages with the lodging options at both locations.
I could also see about renting 30 tents to camp in front of Chip's driveway. :D

Any input on those locations or others in the state of California, Oregon or Nevada would be great.
I am probably in for either weekend, at either location. Only caveat: Lake Almanor, must bring wife and trailer bike; Graeagle, I get to ride the bike and leave the wife home. Hmmmm, let's see about this.

I think there will be some "snoring humor" popping up on this topic later.

Gus

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
A little update. The resort at Lake Almanor is booked on our usual weekend however the weekend before is available (11th to 14th). The resort at Graeagle is going to call me back to confirm they have the entire place for us on the 18th to 21st. Once I get the call we can pick the weekend and set this in stone.
We are good with either place. I'm good with either weekend.....sean

·
Registered
385 Posts
Looks like I might have to bail if it's the Fathers Day weekend :(

I'd prefer the last weekend in June, 25th - 28th; failing that 11th - 14th (it'll probably still be raining up here in early June!). But, obviously, go with the majority vote...

·
Registered
852 Posts
I missed last year but definitely want to attend this year. Earlier is not better for me however.
We will be out of the country until June 12 and will need a couple of days recovery before w hit the road again so June 19,20,21 works best.

·
Administrator
6,037 Posts
Graeagle?

I wouldn't be able to make Raingirl stay away.
Please make it someplace like Parumph, NV!

·
Administrator
6,037 Posts
And if it is Graeagle, then I am stuck going, maybe I could find a place that rents Polaris Sligshots?
Anyone?

·
Smut peddler
1,003 Posts
And if it is Graeagle, then I am stuck going, maybe I could find a place that rents Polaris Sligshots?
Anyone?
You might prefer going the razor route. Scott and Chip have cleverly and quietly began to turn the WCM into an ADV/ harescramble event. Im sure I'm not the only one that attended last year that is looking for a good 40/60 tire setup for this year.:LOL:

·
Administrator
12,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You might prefer going the razor route. Scott and Chip have cleverly and quietly began to turn the WCM into an ADV/ harescramble event. Im sure I'm not the only one that attended last year that is looking for a good 40/60 tire setup for this year.:LOL:
Hey as soon as we get the venue nailed down I am going to arrange a tire vendor to install knobbys on all street bikes before the morning ride. Of course the old guys from LA will be grateful to have anything with tread :D

1 - 20 of 274 Posts