Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, haven't done the run in a while and looks like I may have an opportunity to do some recreational riding this weekend. Any updates on Georgetown construction, WWS safe to ride or do you think the elevation will keep it wet and possibly icy?

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
Last I heard from a couple weeks ago WWS road was good, but the constuction east of Georgetown sucked. With the cooler temps down here since and that recent rain we had you would have to multiply that by a few when it comes to WWS. I'm sure the roads have wet areas and maybe something worst.

Guys are meeting up Sunday for a ride in the lower elevation, you ought to hook up with them.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John for the response. I sure do miss that run and it looks like it will be closed for the season. Oh well. Yes, I saw the "humble pie" thread. BTW, what kind of pies are we talkin? Apple, pecan, pumpkin or the gut bustin combination or all meats pizza pies?!?! BTW, also noted in that thread, but heads up, for some reason, I'm seeing a LOT more LEO on the roads both highway and city. Also, crackdown in Elk Grove for speeders, apparently they received something like 160K in funding for that sole purpose and of course, theory is that two wheelers are targets.

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
Trying to squezze as much revenue out of us they can, I'm convinced of that. If I were paid commission for tickets I write I would be a millionaire in short order.

Its always a case of overreaction. A squid or someone else crashes so they announce a war against all motorcycle riders. Things become more chickenshit.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The road to Icehouse from Georgetown is fresh paved and in great condition as of last weekend. Still wet in the shaded areas but be careful and the best part of the road is ready-to-rip.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Its always a case of overreaction. A squid or someone else crashes so they announce a war against all motorcycle riders. Things become more chickenshit.[/QUOTE]

You are 100% on THAT one John. Coming from a 2-ticket-in-2-weeks rider.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts