Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
they where doing the up date trans repair. And test rode a left over Red 08 multi 1100S, and ended up leaving with it. It was brand new when I took for the test ride............................All I got to say is the GT1000 classic felt like a old car compared to a cadillac the multi. Ordered the comfort seats and trunk before I left. To my surprise the motor felt real good all stock. I had to install Termi kit on the GT just to get it to run right. I put 101 miles on the bike when I got home and changed the oil to get the worn metal out and it did have some like always on new stuff. Pretty neat bike and also looks good to me not ugly like I had been reading. The handling is great.

·
MultiModerator
1,419 Posts
Congrats on the bike! The handling (and comfort) is what sold me

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you sir.

I am going out to clean it up and install the side net bag, I got with the bike yesturday. Got to finish braking her in won't take long. From what little photo's I have seen of the new multi if they are true. Looked like I wanted the old style anyway. The 09's where all sold and gone. I really wanted to see a white one. But the 08 was brand new 5 miles on it, the owner had taken it for a ride. I grabbed it up while the grabbing was still available. I'll be able to run this bike to work, ride with the sport bike crowd and also take some trips.........................seems to be a good all arounder.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So for I do.

Love it LOL. The first bike I have owned that want's you to give throttle on the off ramps rather than slow down with know effort at all. Hhahha darn fun.

·
MultiModerator
1,419 Posts
looks like you found the one for you

That's what motorcycling is all about...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Vduc

As of last night I have over 200 on the multster. I have missed out the last 4 weeks on some good rides. I got to get this baby broken in for the new rides. So for at the lower rpms the bike feels great to me. It feels heavier to push around vs my old 07 GT. I think becasue it is so tall. But once your up and going the bike feels very light like riding a street dirt bike. Front end seems to come up pretty easy. After the break in I will have to check out the wheelie capabilities for this 48 yr old LOL.

·
North Carolina, USA
3,321 Posts
Front end seems to come up pretty easy. After the break in I will have to check out the wheelie capabilities for this 48 yr old LOL.
Yeah, the multi will make you feel like a teenager again as far as pulling wheelies. I got dinged for a 'careless and wreckless' (by a motorcycle cop, no less!) for pulling one on a fairly busy road a few months ago. After that, the old fart in me (54 yrs old) took back over, and I started worrying more about fork $eal$ and $teering head bearing$ and more ticket$. So I pretty much cooled it.

Still, hard to resist every now and then...:D

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hear you.

Spent most of last summer on a 07 Husky SM610. Main reason I sold it is because. I did not want a young cop saying to me.................Mister Turner your 48 yrs old don't you have any better since than this. And my answer would of been no sir I sure don't just give my dump A&& a ticket. Sometimes you have to protect yourself from yourself. It was a blast though. Then in may of this year I get into the Ducati thing.............Heck they are no differant as for being able to act goofy LOL. I just put most of my riding into following lines and corning keeps me pretty safe and out of the eyes of the protectors. Although this new Red multi is not going to be hiding form anybody..............BBBBBBBBBright. Also depends who I am riding with......................Don't take much for a guy to start cutting it up a little to much...................................LOL. All stock my mileage is so for averaging about 46.5 mpg. No long highway stints. Only got just over 300 on so for. Still running throttle up and down. Looks like about 5000 rpm she will run about 90 mph. If I remember right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts