·
Super Moderator
8,200 Posts
Best thread ever.

Reactions: F1_nut

·
Administrator
12,373 Posts
i was laughing and my wife wanted to know why so i went back to the start read her the first post and saw bucklew was #2. another flashback.

wonder whatever happened to scott a and all the cowan people. like stanley 996.
It would be great to hear from some of the original and old time members. They day Mark Buckelew sent me a message just after midnight on my birthday (he was the first birthday wish I got) and 12 hours later he had passed away. That one hit me a little hard.

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Reactions: scott

·
Flavor of the Month
2,359 Posts
12 years!?!? It’s the small things that bring us together. I don’t participate here all that much since I moved to Vegas, but I still love this forum and especially this thread. I’ve never made it to a meet up yet, and won’t ride on the street any more, but I’ve met a few forum members around the US and always enjoyed their company.

Reactions: scott

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Oh for fucks sake, this thread is hilarious! Thread gone wrong!

And yeah, I had a "ride" buddy go down on an orange in the Bank of America parking lot that the next couple of months were full of this talk, me and his supposed friends (not me) were taking the piss on him,... charged that entitled jackass up a few degrees. A half hour before he had taken one of the many oranges on the ground next to our bikes and threw it at someone he didn't like!

*Edit - I suppose the way I wrote this might be interpreted as absolving me of any mischief in encouraging him to pursue legal action and this was far from the truth! I meant the guy was an ass, not my friend, and I gleefully participated in any chance I could to wind him up. As did others. He was not well liked, but was a bouncer at a very popular nightclub in town, which has its perks. A little scary to ride with at an elevated pace in the mountains as he seemed to only have control on the straights.

And what the hell, I will never forgive Bank of America for promising our drafted soldiers that the Bank of Vietnam was just as safe as depositing back home, so I figured either way the lawsuit comes out I would be entertained.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,072 Posts
Maybe it’s time to bring back Hairy Gun Guy! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I fear no melons ... they're met with instant 12 gauge lethal resistance;

1.125 oz. "hexolit" expanding projectile (similar to artillery shells and tank cannon shells).
1400 ft per second.
2130 ft/lbs muzzle energy.

To all you evil melons .... be afraid, be very afraid.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Are you guys kidding me.... If you hit a pothole and it bent your wheel wouldn't you expect the transportation cabinet to cover the cost, you pay into the government for your roads to be maintained. Companies have to have business insurance in case of accidents on their properties which is why most business try to maintain a safe environment. If at my work their was a known problem and someone was later injured at it I know OSHA would be all over me because I was negligent for not correcting the issue.

This is what I know... it is an ashphalt parking lot and at 7 PM the outerside of the watermelon matched the parking lost close enough where I could not see it. I was not going fast...and no I didn't even think of the watermelon from when I had priorly seen it, but I do have a good memory and recalled it later. We will see....
See that word I quoted? Do you have evidence that JC Penny was NOTIFIED of the issue? Most govt liability cases also require you notify the city/county/state of the deficiency before they will pay out.

Right now it looks like you KNEW of the issue, did not notify the property owner of the issue, and then went right back over the same thing. Everything about this sounds like a slip and fall case, where a fraudster would spill something in an aisle and then go back over that same substance and "slip" and sue.

And you cant accuse of JC Penny of putting it there, its been ages since I have been in one but I dont recall them selling watermelon.

Edit: You got me. Didnt realize this was such an old thread. For some reason the new forum format makes it about impossible for me to see all of the icons/buttons and metadata. Too much white space.

·
Registered
42 Posts
For some reason the new forum format makes it about impossible for me to see all of the icons/buttons and metadata. Too much white space.
Haha - I cracked up - your comment is rather ironic given what the original thread was about?

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
How is this thread still alive while the Tag Game is dead ?
Easy peasy, tag game threads are for sissies. Besides, how many friggin' times has this thread's title suckered some poor schmuck to click on it?? I mean really, going down on a watermelon?? Imagine the fun, the horror, the challenge, the taste, wait, what? :unsure:

401 - 420 of 447 Posts