Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wrecked my favorite tow car on Friday...slid off a wet road at a high rate of speed, went across 2 ditches (airborne like The Duke Boys on the 2nd one), shot across a wide front lawn before punching a hole in a woven/barbed wire fence. Came to a stop in a muddy field. Car is totalled. 2010 Crown Vic Interceptor. Oh, it looks OK from the back and the right side, but the driver's door is jammed by the left front fender...and the left front corner of the car is between 1 and 1 1/2 inches lower than the other corners. I'm sick to my stomach. I was hustling down a twisty road, and came into an S turn that had a damp patch under a tree. I got caught out, and it was totally my fault. My first on road accident in a car in 51 years driving.

So, the Highway Patrolman shows up, gets out of his car and looks at the long set of tracks leading up across the lawn and out into the field. He asked me what happened, and I told him it was a matter of "Speed Too Great for Conditions". He looked back towards the beginning of the tracks and said "Well I'd say you're right from the length of those tracks...".

He walked over to the fence and looked at the car sitting out in the muddy field, and turned and said "Well Sir, I don't know you, but I like you already...just because of that Ducati sticker on the rear window...". Turns out he had a 916 he raced.

He went to his car, wrote the report out, gave me his card, and left...no ticket! No Speed Too Great, no Failure to Control! Winner-winner, chicken dinner!

A bittersweet day. I loved that car. Some of you might remember it from the last 2 ECMs. Now I have to find another tow car.

·
Official Retired Person
7,168 Posts
Glad you had a good last ride on that car. And glad you didn't get hurt.

Go find another!

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
It had to be the cop shocks, cop motah and cop brakes that saved you from harm. Get another...........

Glad your okay there Evil Bollweivel.

·
Administrator
12,026 Posts
You are lucky you didn't get hurt, good work dodging any trees. Next time please have your GoPro recording, I want a copy of that footage cowboy! 🤠

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Strong work Dan. That's a story to rival you being banned from...what state was it?...for speeding.
Glad ur ok.
Wow, you remembered!

It was North Carolina....1983....I'm still not sure what the Statute of Limitations is over there. ;)

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I heard from the adjuster today. I'm getting back between 3 and 4 hundred more than I paid for the car over 2 years ago. Guess I got a better deal on it when I got it than I knew...

I drove it for 2 years depreciation free.

·
Administrator
12,026 Posts
I would call that driving 2 years for appreciation :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts