Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after a long 2 week wait, I finally picked up my 18 Multi S Touring in red yesterday and I have to say I am so impressed with this bike I can't believe it! The ride is amazing, even in sport, the fueling is spot on, it sounds great and the handling.....oh the handling! This bike turns in so quick and it is so intuitive it's amazing! put 150 miles on it yesterday and about to go do more today....just want to ride it all the time!! I did one mod so far, the Puig racing screen, which is better then stock but I am hoping the Pikes Peak windscreen will be better as it is shorter. For me, if the Puig was about 1-2" shorter it would be perfect! Obligatory pics:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha! Congrats to you as well!

·
Sophomore Member
3,192 Posts
Congrats! I'm hoping to pick my new multi up this week. Go ride some miles for me while I'm waiting.

Reactions: CRFan1

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats! I'm hoping to pick my new multi up this week. Go ride some miles for me while I'm waiting.
Hahaha....I am working on it! 200 so far and she runs like a top!

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Congrats on your new Multi.

I picked up my 2018 1260 S Touring a few weeks ago, and compared to my 2010 Multi 1200 S Touring, it is MUCH more refined, comfortable, and capable of longer time in the saddle per day on multiple day trips.

I purchased and installed the Ducati Performance sport windscreen on the bike a few days after purchase ... and like how it cuts down on the wind buffeting. not sure if the sport screen is the same size/shape as the Pikes Peak screen, but either will be an improvement over the stock screen.

john

Well, after a long 2 week wait, I finally picked up my 18 Multi S Touring in red yesterday and I have to say I am so impressed with this bike I can't believe it! The ride is amazing, even in sport, the fueling is spot on, it sounds great and the handling.....oh the handling! This bike turns in so quick and it is so intuitive it's amazing! put 150 miles on it yesterday and about to go do more today....just want to ride it all the time!! I did one mod so far, the Puig racing screen, which is better then stock but I am hoping the Pikes Peak windscreen will be better as it is shorter. For me, if the Puig was about 1-2" shorter it would be perfect! Obligatory pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah the Puig sport screen is way better then stock but not perfect.....ok for now.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Con grats Crfan, you may have to change your sig to Multifan. I think your in for a pleasant ownership of one of the truly great motorcycles there is on the market.:smile2:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Con grats Crfan, you may have to change your sig to Multifan. I think your in for a pleasant ownership of one of the truly great motorcycles there is on the market.:smile2:
Thanks Dave.....I am hoping so! 250 miles in I just keep getting more and more impressed with it!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Thanks Dave.....I am hoping so! 250 miles in I just keep getting more and more impressed with it!
They are an insanely good motorcycle, to look at you think "yeah that looks cool and may go ok" but in reality Ducati's big twin engines really deliver in the mid range grunt, and that grunt along with fantastic suspension makes them easy to ride fast. Its fun pushing guys on sports bikes, then listening to their excuses, and then there admittance of Multi's multi talents. Have fun CRFan.

Reactions: CRFan1

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They are an insanely good motorcycle, to look at you think "yeah that looks cool and may go ok" but in reality Ducati's big twin engines really deliver in the mid range grunt, and that grunt along with fantastic suspension makes them easy to ride fast. Its fun pushing guys on sports bikes, then listening to their excuses, and then there admittance of Multi's multi talents. Have fun CRFan.
Oh I can't wait to try that, hahaha:) Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts