Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well got the bike back from the shop today with 5 spoke Marchesini's painted gold and the adj showa's dialed in , we'll see on Sunday how she fairs...

Thought I would post up a few pics plus a couple of other red rockets ...:D

·
Registered
187 Posts
I like the gold wheels on your S. I ordered a set of gold OZ wheels from Moto Wheels for mine. Nice collection you got there.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Conrad , see you at the next SC gathering .....

·
Mr. Excitement
233 Posts
Hey, I really like what you've done. Very classy. That small AGIP sticker/decal works great with the red too. Makes me think of Ferrari.
RpM

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Hey Andy,

very nice.

BTW, Justin his friend Josh and myself are riding up to big sur saturday, coming back down on Sunday. care to join?

cheers,
David

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey David

My 2 yr old has swine flu :(
We've all had it , and he is the last one ,
If he weren't ill , I'd be there in heartbeat.

If you guys wanna come on done to SD to do a loop , let me know , you can crash at my place and have 2 good days of riding.

Enjoy the ride and stay safe.

Andy

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So went for a ride , and OMG
It's a different bike! , turns in quicker , brakes quicker and just feels more responsive , the forks let you feel the front end and it's a WHOLE LOTTA FUN :eek:

Oh and on the 851, the weekend before

·
Registered
665 Posts
Andy !

How's the Sith Efrican doin ! Sure hope you're well. Moto looks awesome.

I've always thought aftermarket wheels besides Alipinas made this lineage look off by dropping the spokes. Based on how gold colored wheels look on your moto, it's clear that dropping the spokes for your upgrade does not remove the "Classic" look.

Conrad: Your moto's gonna look awesome man.

I think if the rims were any other color (mayyybe silver), it'd overly modern-up the moto in the eyes of this mellow-dramatic purist.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Hey David

My 2 yr old has swine flu :(
We've all had it , and he is the last one ,
If he weren't ill , I'd be there in heartbeat.

If you guys wanna come on done to SD to do a loop , let me know , you can crash at my place and have 2 good days of riding.

Enjoy the ride and stay safe.

Andy
Ugh, I hope he gets better. Sorry to hear! Yes so I guess you got slightly more important fish to fry... I hope he recovers swiftly.

We may take you up on your invite soon, as the weather starts making the ride up north a little too cold... Maybe early December?

be well.
D.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hey MtnMan: That is the best looking Classic so far, It really looks like a vintage race bike the wheels really set it off. NICE! I gotta say Sweene!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Very nice Andy - bike looks great. David and I talked this weekend of taking you up on your offer and heading your way for the next weekend that works for you. Will send a PM to discuss.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
In Germany of all places!!
Cost the earth cos of lousy exchange rate , but OMG were they worth every little penny!

Check out Ebay Italy and Germany and UK. Learn a second language or 3 and good luck.

MtnMan; Where did you find the Showa's ?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Nice bike & great photos Mtnman. We holidayed in Palm Desert a few years ago & took a trip to the animal park near San Diego so we must have been near your location?

Mrs H is talking of heading to the US next summer to celebrate our silver wedding so we may be looking for self-catering accommodation in SoCal.
Our daughters will probably come with us & the ladies are debating the merits of SoCal versus the Florida Keys...

·
Registered
213 Posts
So went for a ride , and OMG
It's a different bike! , turns in quicker , brakes quicker and just feels more responsive , the forks let you feel the front end and it's a WHOLE LOTTA FUN :eek:

Oh and on the 851, the weekend before

Great collection of bikes you have there, mtnman.

My first ducati, back in 91 was a tricked 851. At the time I thought she was a monster, "probably around 100 RwHP", and I had an adrenaline rush each time I pushed her out the garage. :D:D
Today, a (tricked) SC makes the same, visceral, HP, with even more torque and 60 lbs less. What are your impressions when you ride them back to back ?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts