Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ended up selling both my 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 and my 2006 Husaberg supermoto to fund this bad boy.... Ducati Multistrada 1200 S

This is my first new bike purchase in a long time, and my first Ducati period...

I was fortunate enough to have a good friend in Orlando offer me his Multi 1200 for the day to "ride it like I would normally ride"... No BS little ride around the block test ride... I was hooked to say the least!!!

The power of this bike is awesome (Duc 1198 motor), the upright riding position perfect for me (I've been a supermoto guy for the last 6 years), and the electronic suspension adjustments on the fly are amazing!

I have been searching for a "do it all" bike for a number of years, and this bike has to be the one... ABS, traction control, lots of power, Italian style, 2-up comfort, hard bags for touring with the wife, long service intervals, can be run on the bigger tracks we have around here (PBIR and Homestead), mildly off-road capable, able to play with the sporty bikes, able to still play with my supermoto buddies, and the 2 year unlimited mile warranty doesn't suck either!

It took a lot for me to part with my Husaberg, but the bike is simply too focused for me at this point in my life... The Kawi was "just another bike"...

I hope to get out more on rides now that I have this beast to play on...

Here's a photo... Duc red with splashes of carpet fiber.....:D

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
I ended up selling both my 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 and my 2006 Husaberg supermoto to fund this bad boy.... Ducati Multistrada 1200 S

This is my first new bike purchase in a long time, and my first Ducati period...

I was fortunate enough to have a good friend in Orlando offer me his Multi 1200 for the day to "ride it like I would normally ride"... No BS little ride around the block test ride... I was hooked to say the least!!!

The power of this bike is awesome (Duc 1198 motor), the upright riding position perfect for me (I've been a supermoto guy for the last 6 years), and the electronic suspension adjustments on the fly are amazing!

I have been searching for a "do it all" bike for a number of years, and this bike has to be the one... ABS, traction control, lots of power, Italian style, 2-up comfort, hard bags for touring with the wife, long service intervals, can be run on the bigger tracks we have around here (PBIR and Homestead), mildly off-road capable, able to play with the sporty bikes, able to still play with my supermoto buddies, and the 2 year unlimited mile warranty doesn't suck either!

It took a lot for me to part with my Husaberg, but the bike is simply too focused for me at this point in my life... The Kawi was "just another bike"...

I hope to get out more on rides now that I have this beast to play on...

Here's a photo... Duc red with splashes of carpet fiber.....:D
Congrats! She is a beauty. It is an awesome bike! I love mine. Enjoy yours.

·
i'll be here till my 85!
1,102 Posts
welcome to the gang!

:) enjoy!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Nice - but what are those blue things on the rego plate :confused:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Congrats. I love mine as well. Interesting you coming from the c14, I almost bought one before settling on the mts. Definitely happy with my choice

·
Registered
132 Posts
i ended up selling both my 2010 kawasaki concours 14 and my 2006 husaberg supermoto to fund this bad boy.... ducati multistrada 1200 s

this is my first new bike purchase in a long time, and my first ducati period...

I was fortunate enough to have a good friend in orlando offer me his multi 1200 for the day to "ride it like i would normally ride"... No bs little ride around the block test ride... I was hooked to say the least!!!

The power of this bike is awesome (duc 1198 motor), the upright riding position perfect for me (i've been a supermoto guy for the last 6 years), and the electronic suspension adjustments on the fly are amazing!

I have been searching for a "do it all" bike for a number of years, and this bike has to be the one... Abs, traction control, lots of power, italian style, 2-up comfort, hard bags for touring with the wife, long service intervals, can be run on the bigger tracks we have around here (pbir and homestead), mildly off-road capable, able to play with the sporty bikes, able to still play with my supermoto buddies, and the 2 year unlimited mile warranty doesn't suck either!

It took a lot for me to part with my husaberg, but the bike is simply too focused for me at this point in my life... The kawi was "just another bike"...

I hope to get out more on rides now that i have this beast to play on...

Here's a photo... Duc red with splashes of carpet fiber.....:d
Glad you love it ...:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congrats! Those first few rides are the most memorable! Enjoy it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Congrats Hollywood!! Look forward to riding with you in the near future.

·
Premium Member
12,283 Posts
geeze you got it all dirty and parts are falling off already!!!

The fork reflectors and the ugly (but FUNCTIONAL) rear splash guard are missing!!!

Better check for the ugly cannister it will prolly fall off next,
Can't see if the front fender extension is on either...

Enjoy the new ride...glad one got a good home...

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
Mine has been a dream since I picked it up in May 2010 (very early model).

I hope yours serves you as well as mine has (and is).

·
MultiModerator
1,419 Posts
Yeah... Now we're having fun!!!

First real ride on the Multi... Love this bike!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
Congrats on the MTS. Be sure to hook with the local DOC in the area. Seeing the sandy muck on your bike reminded me living in Plantation and the surrounding area for 10 plus years a long long time ago. I bought my first Ducati in Ft. Lauderdale. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts