Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally did it...traded my Hayabusa in on a super clean 1999 996 Bi-posto.

Don't know why I didnt do it sooner....the V-twin is awesome. Put a few Kms on today and will go for a nice long rider tomorrow.

This is forum is invaluable.....tons of information. Hope to be able to contribute soon.

Andy
1999 996 Bi-posto
Ottawa, Canada

·
Premium Member
8,765 Posts
wad said:
nice choice. but why get rid of the bus??
Because he came into a decreasing radius turn too hot and it scared the yell out of him so he wanted a bike that could handle it. My $.2

·
Registered
749 Posts
nirvana996 said:
Finally did it...traded my Hayabusa in on a super clean 1999 996 Bi-posto.

Don't know why I didnt do it sooner....the V-twin is awesome. Put a few Kms on today and will go for a nice long rider tomorrow.

This is forum is invaluable.....tons of information. Hope to be able to contribute soon.

Andy
1999 996 Bi-posto
Ottawa, Canada
Congratulations. First time I took a Ducati out for a test ride I knew I was on something taking the experience to another level or dimension.

·
Registered
335 Posts
New Ducati

Nice, Congrats!

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
congraduration. nice change in bike. horribly ugly to magnificantly beautiful. give more details on what you like about the Ducati and the main reason you from so a different bike.

·
Registered
58 Posts
John said:
Because he came into a decreasing radius turn too hot and it scared the yell out of him so he wanted a bike that could handle it. My $.2
if thats the case he needs to put on some muscle. my .2

is the busa ugly because it dont look like all the other sportbikes???or because its not a ducati? to each his own

either way the busa is a heck of a machine.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys,

The busa was a great bike...different in styling....and awesome in performance.

The busa was very reliable and great for lots of highway miles...it ate them up.!!!

I have had a number of sportbikes over the years (I am 39 years old) and a few of the hyper-sports bikes (ZX11, Busa).

The ducati on the other hand......is an absolutely different experience. Amazing!!

Hard to explain...but the way the V-twin puts the power down, the sounds, and the quick handling are definitely at the top of the list. The 1999 bike has had one owner, some carbon extras (air runners, rad, clutch cover), carbon Termignoni with chip, and approx 7000 Kms.

I wanted a "riders bike"...similar to car enthusiasts wanting a "driver's car" like a Porsche , Ferrari, and other cars with great history and pedigree. I own a couple of older 911 aircooled Porsches.

I could have kept the busa as a second bike for those longer rides but I have a too many toys in the garage at the moment. We may look at a 620 Monter to replace my wife's SV650s.

By the way this is a great site. Very informative. I am a member of a similar site for Porsche. I tend (and enjoy) to do some maintenance work myself.

Thanks guys...I am going for a nice Sunday ride in the twisty countryside..will keep you posted.

Andy
99 996
Ottawa, Canada

·
Registered
835 Posts
sick congrats, love porsches too, what the name of that porsche site?

·
Registered
58 Posts
nirvana996 said:
Thanks guys,

The busa was a great bike...different in styling....and awesome in performance.

The busa was very reliable and great for lots of highway miles...it ate them up.!!!

I have had a number of sportbikes over the years (I am 39 years old) and a few of the hyper-sports bikes (ZX11, Busa).

The ducati on the other hand......is an absolutely different experience. Amazing!!

Hard to explain...but the way the V-twin puts the power down, the sounds, and the quick handling are definitely at the top of the list. The 1999 bike has had one owner, some carbon extras (air runners, rad, clutch cover), carbon Termignoni with chip, and approx 7000 Kms.

I wanted a "riders bike"...similar to car enthusiasts wanting a "driver's car" like a Porsche , Ferrari, and other cars with great history and pedigree. I own a couple of older 911 aircooled Porsches.

I could have kept the busa as a second bike for those longer rides but I have a too many toys in the garage at the moment. We may look at a 620 Monter to replace my wife's SV650s.

By the way this is a great site. Very informative. I am a member of a similar site for Porsche. I tend (and enjoy) to do some maintenance work myself.

Thanks guys...I am going for a nice Sunday ride in the twisty countryside..will keep you posted.

Andy
99 996
Ottawa, Canada

i belive the 620 has been upgated to a 695 this year. that may make the trade tastier for your wife

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.