Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 11 weeks of owner ship of a 07 Gt demo bike with bike in shop 5 weeks of the 11. I went to dealer to get bike it was ready. Went right into dealer ship and bought a new 08 multi 1100S. The multi is like a cadillac compared to my GT. Andway I got a brand new 41 tooth afram sprocket hanging on the wall if ya want it give me a shout. For a GT still in container. That GT is probably bullet proof now..................But I just got a bad taste in my mouth after the experiance.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I had my GT1000 for almost exactly three years. It never crapped out the whole time I had it. I totalled it three weeks ago. I got to like that bike enough to get another one. So I have a silver 08 on the way. I ordered Termis, and a 14 tooth sprocket. I like the idea of a 15/41 setup but it's cheaper to go with the 14 on a new bike. I'm healing pretty fast I think. I'm looking forward to bringing my new bike home.:cool:It's to bad you had a bad experience with the GT

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Hi JT992; I have a Multi as well as a GT, although mine is a 620 Multi. I am interested to know how different the GT's engine feels compared to the 1100 in the Multi. Is the Multi engine better at low revs? Have you fitted the 14t sprocket to the Multi? I love Multis; I think that they are a great bike design. Hats off to Terreblanche!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I am secretly in love with the multi. I want a white one as a second bike. If you had a GT, I get why you traded, simply a better bike for the money, performs the same functions but better (touring, better suspension, breaks, wheels, autonomy, aerodynamics..) but trading the classic look for something a little weird but very unique looking. (plus your dealer must be so stoked he sold a multi... good salesmanship right there...).

that said, I would NEVER trade my Sport for a multi.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Duccout

The multi was brand new so I did not kill it on the test ride. My 07 GT bought last may had to have Termi kit installed to idle right etc. The GT ran real good. But the all stock not broken in 1100s has a stronger motor for sure................not hard for me to feel at all. I am sure if a drag race between the two yesturday would of happened. My GT would have one not by much. Stock these motors are choked up to much. Seems like on the bottom not a whole lot of differance but as the bikes get going towards the other end is when you can tell the air and exhaust has its limits. Otherwise the multi......................out handles, Heck man it is just a finer motorcycle. I even after the 34 miles test ride took the GT for a ride.....................felt rough as a cobb.............................compared to a multi. The looks don't bother me at all.......................even my wife likes it. I guess after reading all the how nasty looking multi was on here. I was expecting to throw up when seeing it. But actually ended up likeing it enough to ask for a test ride. LOL then bought the bike and left. I thought I liked the GT tell I took the multi for a ride.

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
The multi is like a cadillac compared to my GT.
I think I would have come up with a different analogy. :rolleyes: I can't imagine anything worse than a bike that handles like a cadillac. ;)

I rode a multi for several weeks in Spain. It was an impressive bike. If I didn't have the GS I would have a multi. But I also can't imagine giving up my Sport Classic.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Geo

Mine was the GT classic. No suspension adjustments etc. I did put progressive springs in the two months I had the bike. To me made a heck of a differance in ride and handling. If no problems with the GT it would still be here. But after a ohlins prepped bike ride its not to hard to figure out why I was impressed. I was going to put the kss shocks on next. Got a good deal on the 08 multi and just moved on.

·
Registered
900 Posts
JT-congrats on the new bike. At least you kept it in the family! You should really enjoy the Multi, what's not to enjoy? Great motor, good tank range and I'm sure it's not a dog in the twisties, after all it's a Ducati. Thinking about moving my 675 this fall/next spring and the Multi is one of the possibilities. Sometimes a change of bike is just what is needed to keep the excitment and enjoyment in motorcycling. Enjoy the new bike!!

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
GT1000 my daily commuter

I ride my GT1000 56 km round trip to work every day. The only "tuning" I have done is add the FatDuc. After three months and alost 4000 km it runs great. I hope it keeps up.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Zeeede give me a private email

New 41 AFAM still in package hanging on the wall. Fits GT 1000 classic.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts