Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,388 Posts
Stoner: One of the greatest riders to ever tame a Duck. Nicely done. Very nicely done.

·
Administrator
5,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #62

I am getting there with the clearcoat.

A nice Easter egg in the grass....

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
What a beautiful 1198! Glad you saved her and got her road ready. When you get around to it, I’d love to read your riding impressions. How is it out on the road, in town, compared to your SS, ergonomics, and whatever else you feel like typing out. :)

·
Administrator
5,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
So in the last month and a half we have had 22 inches of rain, and they also tore up every paved road around my house.

Screw it, I am taking my first ride Saturday, for a charity ride for a 5 year old boy. Doing a ride by to wave and show support.

Then I might take a right, and head out to the country and break the shelter in place crap, and see what she can do.

Ride impressions coming!

Any advice for moving from a 900SSie to a 190HP monster SBK?

·
Administrator
5,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
So Friday I get off work and hear that we are going to get 8 inches of rain over the weekend.

So I put on my gear and start her up.
Good God, what a lovely sound!

Low fuel light is on, so I take a ride to Bucees, to get some gas.
First impressions:
Going from a 900SSie to the Corse was quite a change.
Riding position is much more aggressive.
I turn onto the main road and ride the 300 ft to the stoplight.
Cleared for take-off.
I snap the throttle back about 50%, knowing it WILL wheelie with less than delicate application of acceleration.

All I can say is JESUS-FUCKINGCHRIST-THIS-THING-IS-LUDICRIS-SPEED-FAST-AND-GOES-0 TO 60 IN 1.5 SECONDS-HOLY-CRAP-HOLD-ON-SHIFT-SPEEDING-UP-SHIFT-I'M-DOING-135 MPH.

It has got to be the smoothest shifting bike i have ever ridden.
It is insanely powerful. Going through curves, it is much like my SS, you look and it goes.
Smooth as Kate Upton's ass. I put 100 miles on it in 45 minutes.

I brought her home safely before the 65 mph winds kicked up and it started raining.
I parked her in the garage, and Raingirl walked up to me and asked how was it?
Upon the removal of my helmet all she saw was a shit-eating-grin. I kissed her and said, "Honey, I found something that is as good as you in satisfaction."

4 months of work, changing everything in world I could get my hands on, was ALL WORTH IT.

BTW- At the gas station I had two offers to buy it.
LOL

You can get the keys from my cold dead hands!

Here endeth the lesson.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts