Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks Le Mis
I was hoping that TST unit worked as good as it looks.
I am looking at that used unit for fuel.
I'm going to have to replace it anyways, might as well use Ducati.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Thanks Les Mis
I was hoping that TST unit worked as good as it looks.
I am looking at that used unit for fuel.
I'm going to have to replace it anyways, might as well use Ducati.
I'd go with the used assembly as well. You're probably looking at corrosion of the entire unit, hoses, fittings etc. I only had a bad pump so it was easy enough to swap out the bad piece since the Quantum is plug and play

·
Administrator
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I bought a used assembly from AZ cycles. Gets here tomorrow.
I will then dump the fuel, and replace the pump and seal.
Will post pics of what I find, which will include clearing out the injectors.

Just how difficult is it to change the belts?
Being I am somewhat mechanically knowledgeable.

·
Administrator
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The previous owner dropped it on the left side, so I will repair and repaint the body work.

The tear down is coming along.

When the fuel pump and seal get here, I will dump the fuel and clear the injectors.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The previous owner dropped it on the left side, so I will repair and repaint the body work.
I am going through a mini restoration on an 848 Evo. My side fairings as similar rash from being dropped. Curious why you are going the repaint route versus just buying OEM parts? Wouldn't it cheaper or at least break even? I found the 848 fairing for ~ $300 from a Ducati supplier in Europe. Are you planning a custom paint job?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Sadly, this happens far more often than one would think... I suspect for a myriad of reasons.

We have a customer who purchased this Mono:
View attachment 978503
He attended two "training" sessions at nearby Anglesey, had the post "break in" service performed, as well as having us install data loggers and several GoPro mounts. That was almost 2 years ago now, and yet still she sits, unused, in our shop.

It makes me overwhelmingly sad as if I could just get this thing to this side of the pond, I could drive the fucking wheels off of it on all of my favorite bike roads around here. :(
I was thinking the other day, that I should start crowdfunding for a BAC Mono, for I would use Mono as the only mode of transport everyday for a year no matter what the weather, and document the experience. I so want that thing, I would give up my left foot that.

·
Administrator
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I am going through a mini restoration on an 848 Evo. My side fairings as similar rash from being dropped. Curious why you are going the repaint route versus just buying OEM parts? Wouldn't it cheaper or at least break even? I found the 848 fairing for ~ $300 from a Ducati supplier in Europe. Are you planning a custom paint job?
I have 6 different bodies for my 900SS.
I have my own spray booth and the know-how to fix it.

Yeah I could probably find the OEM, but in my garage it should cost me around $25.
I can spend the money elsewhere.

Will post pics when I do it around a week or so. Both sides will look like this when I am done. In the early days here on the forum, there were several of us that custom painted our bikes.

·
Administrator
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Ahhh...enough said. I would do the same if I had that facility and the skillzzzz but I have neither so I am stuck paying OEM prices and surfing eBay.

Completely understand.
I don't advertise and don't put it out there often.

I have painted besides the 6 bodies for my bike, probably four other bikes, a car and a truck.
It's fun! It won't be OEM perfect, but who the hell cares for the price I paid?
People won't be looking that close at it, or I am going too slow.
:)

·
Registered
375 Posts
It's not that difficult if you understand what the motor is doing as you rotate the crank. Just make sure to take pictures of the belts and pulleys after you mark them, in case you make a mistake.

There's some good info on this page about belt replacement/valve adjustments etc. Welcome

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not difficult at all. Lots of resources online. If you’re in Houston I wouldn’t mind lending a hand over a few beers.
I bought a used assembly from AZ cycles. Gets here tomorrow.
I will then dump the fuel, and replace the pump and seal.
Will post pics of what I find, which will include clearing out the injectors.

·
Premium Member
4,951 Posts
I was thinking the other day, that I should start crowdfunding for a BAC Mono, for I would use Mono as the only mode of transport everyday for a year no matter what the weather, and document the experience. I so want that thing, I would give up my left foot that.

Have you seen the R yet?

I'd give up my left testicle for it... the left foot is kind of needed to operate the clutch, at least in 1st and reverse. ;)

·
Administrator
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
OMG
That is a hot vehicle.

I am in Dallas.
If I were in Houston, I would buy you a beer anyways as it is an Admins responsibility to make sure all members have fun!

·
Premium Member
4,951 Posts
Take my testis!!
I wasn't aware of R. I really thought that they won't be able to improve on Mono's look, but boy o boy!
Yeah... we spent 18 months doing pretty much a bottom up redesign. With the exception of some of the fasteners, there is not a single component shared between the R and the previous Mono W. Myself and another gentlemen did all of the mechanical engineering/design work, and our Design team, led by Ian Briggs, did the new bodywork. Am not the biggest fan of the F3 airbox, but I'm not going to complain too much about the look when functionally it got us an extra 8 HP.

Not wanting to derail this thread with too much text or pics, I will instead refer you to this Road & Track article (link below), written right around the time we debut'd her at Goodwood Festival Of Speed last July.

The Extreme BAC Mono R Wasn't Made For Us

·
Administrator
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I don't mind the alternate discussion and that is freaking AWESOME!

I am hoping that someone in Dallas can help me with the belt change.....

21 - 37 of 37 Posts