Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1175 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello and welcome to the Superbike part of the forum.

This is where we discuss all aspects of Ducati´s Superbike series.

Models include Supermono, 851, 888, 916, 748, 996, 998, 749, 999, Desmosedici RR, 1098, 848, 1198, 1199 Panigale aswell as any future bikes.

PLEASE! No sales, wanted or tradethreads in this forum. Those should be put in the classifieds only! New members, please say hello and make a short introduction about who you are and where your from.

ALWAYS INCLUDE YOUR MODEL WHEN ASKING A QUESTION!
Otherwise, the first Question will always be "What bike? 749 or 748 or 851? 888 or 916 or 998 or 999?

I´ll start:

amullo from Stockholm, Sweden.
I ride a 916 SPS from 1998

I´m also one of the moderators for this part of the board. If you need help please feel free to PM or mail me.

Reactions: Shanaynay-666

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sam from Turku, Finland, I ride a 916 BP, with no bigger modifications.
Been riding Ducatis since 2002, my first was a 750 supersport.

Last summer I finally took the chance to ride my 916 on a track. And what an experience!! I'm counting the days till the summer. :)

Discovered the Ducati MS - forum a few years ago, and have to say a big thank you to the active members - as you have helped my in many ways; your knowledge and for entertaining me during the long winter that we have here in the northern parts of Europe.

Sam

M

·
0 Posts
Hello my name is Mike from Mesa, Arizona USA. I do not currently own a ducati but I am looking to purchase soon so I am doing some research on the 999 any imput anyone could give me would be much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome Markmx6

Start a thread asking for purchasing advice and alot of 999 owners will probably respond. They are nice bikes, that much i can say. :)

S

·
0 Posts
Spencer, 19, from Charlotte, NC but at school in Tampa, FL. Recently traded in my Monster 620 for a 749s. I enjoy doing as much as possible myself for the bike (i.e DIY) and am currently working on my own carbon fiber pieces for the bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, my name is Pedro and I live in Chula Vista, CA. My first Ducati was a 749 and now I have a 999. The only thing I can say is WOW, what a great bike and pure joy to ride on the street or track. I usually go to Willow Springs so if anyone else goes there post up.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Shun, from Omaha. Street riding since about 1993, track riding since 2003. Racing lighweights on the SV. New 749R to keep me amused this season too.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Hi Mark Bevans back again.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
My name is Jose. I ride a '05 999 and a '93 sporty chopper. I live in Albuquerque,NM. Previous bike was a '01 GSXR 600.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hello

My name is John and i'm from Long Island NY. I've got 99 748 mono that i picked up in August. First Duc after riding rice for a while, looking forward to maybe riding with some of you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Gene

Westbrook Ct.
Culinary Instructor
Toys listed below

Cut my teeth on a RZ350 and then 92 CBR600 F2.
Freaking out about the snow and the fact that I can't ride at all!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
New Guy

Hi my name is Jeff and I just steped up to a ducati I sold my GSXR for it and it was the best move I love my bike

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey My name is Mike J.

Live in Southlake Texas.

Have a red 03 999 Bip

Had the bike for about a year now and looking to do Mods to it now maybe get into track riding this year if I can find the time. :D

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome! One and all!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm Ian.
I live just outside Queenstown in New Zealand.
I have a standard 1994 888 Strada and also a 1979 Darmah.
I like tinkering so it's good to have a back-up bike!
I gave myself all winter to do the shims and belts so the bevel came in handy.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi, my name is Chad and I currently live in the LA area of So Cal, I've been riding on and off for about 20 years!

Here's a rundown on the bikes I've owned.
1973 Yamaha RD250 (stolen)
1984 Yamaha Seca 400
1986 Yamaha Radian 600
1992 Honda CBR600 F2 (stolen)
1983 Honda Magna 750 (got it used, back and forth to school)
1994 Honda Magna 750 (Thought I wanted a cruiser - but no)
1994 Honda CR250R (good desert riding - broke my left arm)
1994 Honda CBR600 F2
1995 Honda CBR600 F3 (financial issues, sold the F3 and CR250 in late 97)
2004 Honda CBR600RR (finally got back on after almost seven years of not riding)
2005 Ducati 999 (black biposto) (been dreaming of Duc's for a long time)

So, after a very long period of not riding, I finally got back on in 2004 when I purchased the 600RR. Then, almost two years later and I chanced upon a good deal for the Duc999 which I couldn't pass up. I've been drooling over Ducati's since 1994 when I first saw the 916 and thought I might as well give one a try. Having never rode a Ducati, I was a bit nervous about the purchase; but I love it. Currently I have a couple of issues with it that the dealer needs to iron out, but their minor. Over all, I have loved all my bikes, but the 999 is the best handling bike I think I have ever owned.

Chad.

1 - 20 of 1175 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.