Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Multi 1000ds has been sitting for several year. I have now removed an alarm which almost drove me crazy. The bike starts and idles pretty nice but when revving it, it's kind of goes rough. It drives very bad - almost not possible.

I have removed the rear plugs and they are black and damp. The front plugs looks better. But I have spark from all plugs. Seems like only the front cylinder fires?

The bike has been sitting without power for several years and has old petrol. Do I need to do a TPS reset due to lack of power for several years? I removed a Power Command PC3 unit also - can that cause issues? Can old petrol cause this kind of problem?

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Probably a fouled spark plug. I would drain the fuel and replace the plug that is wet. I've never been able to get them clean enough to work properly. If that doesn't work you may need to dig deeper. You should check your airbox for a mouse nest as well.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Of course old gas will make it run like shit.

First step is drain completely the tank, and remove fuel pump verify intrernal and external hoses are in good shape, maybe change fuel filter, then reinstall and fill with fresh gas. And change plugs.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! I drained the tank using a compressor and a brake bleeder. Worked fine! Replaced the spark plugs, fresh petrol.. and it started just fine! I am soo happy! :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts