Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First let me set up the scenario under which this issue occurred. It has happened twice so far, but it doesn't seem to be consistent.

Both times I had been riding on the highway, in the morning (temps in the 60s), for about 30-45 minutes. Upon exiting the highway, I was on a 2 lane backroad. Nothing twisty so i was just cruising along at say 4500 rpm. As I start to go up a hill, I roll on the throttle and the bike just falls flat on its face. No power for a split second then sort of takes off.

Then it starts sputtering and running rough. Check Engine light comes on (first time i didn't know how to pull the code, second time i couldn't find a place to pull over).

The first time i rode only a few hundred yards then pulled over and shut it off. Waited a couple minutes then started it up and it was fine, CEL was off.

Second time I just kept riding since I was close to work. It was a little rough, but the CEL went out. After work it ran rough for the first 100 yards leaving the parking lot and then was fine.

I rode it for 20 miles around the city last night, no problems. Rode it again to work this morning, same temperature outside and it was fine

Oil and filter was changed about 1500 miles ago.
Spark plugs and belts were changed about 1000 miles ago.
There are 6,4xx miles on it currently.

any ideas?

i love the bike but i'm scared of it stranding me 100+ miles from home, alone in another state.... :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I still say TPS issue. Either needs a reset or replacement.

-Christian
intermittent would make you think replacement right?

dealership ordered me up a new gas tank... mine has a pimple on the left side and the gap around the ignition cover is growing.

not even sure if i'm going to keep it, honestly.

i love the bike, but i enjoy Japanese reliability :-/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts