Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
So i received my sport 1000 a few weeks ago..awesome bike.
Although I have noticed the first problem/weird noise.

When starting off at an intersection or a red light for example, there is a weird sqeaking/howling noise. It seems to me, that the noise is coming from the front wheel.

When i let go of the clutch really slow while starting of the noise is not noticeable.
But as soon as i disengage the clutch a little faster/harder while starting of at an intersection, the howling/squeaking noise is definetely noticeable:

Here 2 videos i made on a parking lot:

Video 1:

Video 2:

Anyone knows where that noise is coming from and what it is????

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Don't panic, it is your dry clutch that needs cleaning. Do a search on this forum and you'll find out how to do it.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
^ Agreed, it's the clutch.

·
Motorbike Junky
654 Posts
Yep, clutch. Take the plates out and scrub them, put them back in the same way they came out... If that doesn't fix it, the plates are either worn or warped, and you'll need a new clutch pack.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Definitely the clutch. It's really easy to to sort out...as said take it apart, a magnetic pen is useful to take the plates out (see youtube) wire brush and clean the plates, put them back in and you're done! A tip is to spray the disks with silicon spray and wipe dry, this works really well - I'm sure folk will say don't lubricate them, but I can assure you it works!

R

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Wire brush the plates at a right angle, 90 degrees, from the direction of rotation. This goes for sanding brake discs also. Fine grooves will then bite into the softer surfaces rather than run along in the direction of rotation. It's the little things that make performance differences in seemingly same machines.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts