Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1441 - 1460 of 1479 Posts

·
Administrator
12,308 Posts

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Los Angeles, the motorcyclist is alive and suffering from minor injuries. The driver was arrested after trying to report his van stolen. Not much more info available yet.

·
Administrator
12,308 Posts
Los Angeles, the motorcyclist is alive and suffering from minor injuries. The driver was arrested after trying to report his van stolen. Not much more info available yet.
Here is a little follow up I found:

·
Administrator
12,308 Posts

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,072 Posts

Where ever that post giving credit to NASCAR is about this that I “liked” I take it back. Fucking morons.

The more I think about this the more pissed I get. I will never, ever support in any way anything associated with the NASCAR logo.

I need a drink. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Not a nascar fan anyway, even less of its fans, but it looks like it was used as a handle for another race team last year, no connection to the driver currently assigned to #4 garage,... the June pic was after it was cut for evidence. Its a garage door pull down rope.

·
Super Moderator
5,577 Posts
^^no crime is good news! it just shows how on-edge folks are these days, good example of folks jumping to conclusions, fear clouds perception and judgment. No harm done, just a show of love and support for Bubba and the Black community.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
^^no crime is good news! it just shows how on-edge folks are these days, good example of folks jumping to conclusions, fear clouds perception and judgment. Still a nice show of support for Bubba from the other drivers, smart marketing by NASCAR to act so quickly as more harm would've been done had they waited, especially if it turned out to be an act of malice. Thankfully it wasn't.
I just found out this "noose" handle wasn't the only one there and at other tracks - most of which have been now removed pro-actively so as to eliminate any further misunderstandings.

Keerist on a stick, whadda the press gonna say when they check out the docks for the "America's Cup Race"?

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
NASCAR is trying to move forward. I’m glad to find out this wasn’t a redneck idea of a joke.
Well, it was a redneck joke, just not specifically racially motivated to any black drivers - again, several pit crews at multiple race tracks had the same idea to tie the garage door pull rope into a handle using that particular knot... Morbid humor in a dangerous sport.

You have people of all kinds of backgrounds in modern motorsports, PHD's in Aeronautics, engineers in mechanical design, materials science, statistics, computer programmers and seasoned video producers - and yeah, everyone of those might be a redneck too.

·
Administrator
12,308 Posts

·
Administrator
12,308 Posts
Reactions: Rainman
1441 - 1460 of 1479 Posts