Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lightweight FORGED wheels for2015 MS 1200S

Hi like to know the options of LIGHT WEIGHT FORGED WHEELS for 2015 Multistrada S Please, All my search ends with 2012 model only, Is there any change of wheels between 2012 & 2015 wheels ?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
like to know the various options in Reducing the weight of this 2015 MultistradaS
1-Light weight Forged wheels =Approx 5 lbs ? correct me please (marchisini / Cariozori )
2-Exhaust choices please Termi carbonfibre end can 2lbs ?
3-Battery Shorai/Earthx =4lbs
4-Carbonfibre parts = ?
5-Light weight Rear sprocket =1lb ?
any other ideas please ?

·
Registered
86 Posts
He dealer told me the full titanium race exhaust shaves nearly 20lbs, but I don't know how accurate that is.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would like to try only forged wheels , I don't think Magnesium or Carbonfibre works in India

·
Registered
448 Posts
Buy a bicycle, ride a few times a week. cut out processed foods and junk foods, eat lean protein. Cut out soda, beer, mixed drinks - a glass or two of red wine or vodka with a little lime if you have to drink.

Stop wearing leathers and heavy boots, just wear t-shirt/shorts/flip-flops? :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have lost 18 lbs over last six months ,I don't think I can do better ,

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi iam from Hyderabad , My bike 1200S & Demo bike landed 4 days ago in Mumbai ,All the best Zarnoosh is the guy to contact in Ducati ,

·
Registered
45 Posts
like to know the various options in Reducing the weight of this 2015 MultistradaS
1-Light weight Forged wheels =Approx 5 lbs ? correct me please (marchisini / Cariozori )
2-Exhaust choices please Termi carbonfibre end can 2lbs ?
3-Battery Shorai/Earthx =4lbs
4-Carbonfibre parts = ?
5-Light weight Rear sprocket =1lb ?
any other ideas please ?
OZ makes wheels for the 2015 Multi.
I bought the racing exhaust but I havn't installed it yet. Cats are HEAVY.
Battery is cheap weight reduction.
CF is mostly for looks unless you get wheels.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I have a 12 so the comparison isn't identical but will get you close. Leo mid pulled 14 pounds off the bike. Braking wave rotors saved 1.06 pounds total, rear quick change aluminum center with Poly cush drives was just over 1.2 pounds. I went with 1098S wheels, stock 12 wheels were 20.70 pounds combined, the "S" wheels are 14.73 pounds, so 5.97 less. M50 calipers are 953 grams a piece, stock M4 were 1056 a piece. 206 grams less there, almost .5 pounds.

Rear fender kit saved about 2 pounds(R&G) vs stock with integrated signals. Shorai battery was 6 pounds less than stock.

All total about 30.73 pounds off the bike from stock.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
He dealer told me the full titanium race exhaust shaves nearly 20lbs, but I don't know how accurate that is.
That was the general consensus on the Monster I had before this bike but when I actually weighed the stock can it weighed 14lbs with catalyst. The Termi slip on without cat weighed 7lbs so I only dropped 7lbs of weight with that mod (which you would never notice in a million years).

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, That's interesting Intricate info ,Can you suggest the 'Rear quick change centre with poly , choice please.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks ,
I just spoke to Akrapovic guys they are launching New Header with slip on with weight Saving of -14 lbs
Battery from EarthX -6lbs
Wheels -5 to 6 lbs
Rear QuickChange AluminiumCentre with polyCushDrive -1.2
In Totall to 26lbs .

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Referring to wheels ,
Marchesini M10 RR Kompe Motard wheels
Carrzzeria Now taken over by CoreMoto USA (1860$)
OZ
Did any one try them ,

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Thanks, That's interesting Intricate info ,Can you suggest the 'Rear quick change centre with poly , choice please.
The cush drives are polyurethane rather than rubber, a little lighter and better feel. Ill send the link to the product in a bit after class.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 40 Posts