Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
A 748 Fanatic
3,155 Posts
Nice weather

I'm on the eastern shore, near Salisbury Maryland.

I'd take you up on that, but it's a day trip just to get to you.

Were are you headed when to refer to going up on the mountain?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi There, I was referring to Skyline drive which is a national park here at Shenandoah.

It depends on how far we can go. If it is one day trip, then I would just do Skyline all the way to Charlotsville and back, or take Skyline down to 33 west and do a loop back to 55 through Seneca rocks (this is a 500 mile day trip :)\

But you would have to commit like 2 to 3 days for a one day trip...

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
I have my eye on this, I'll see if I can get a day off. Wednesday or Thursday looks best, rain is forecasted by Friday. BRP or 33 up to Elkins , WV maybe?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's why I am thinking Thursday. The weather that is. I can meet you at Culpepper and head down to 33 and go west from there.

Elkins would be pretty sweet, although I think the farthest I have gone in one day was 33 to 28N and back east.

We could play it by ear and see how we are doing on time then decide when to turn back. You are riding from Richmond right? I would be riding from Sterling VA.

Let me know.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry you can't make it.
We should keep posting rides so folks see them in the future.

I requested Thursday off and will go for a ride to Skyline, if Va Duc joins, then we will do 33 west.

Keep me posted!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I get the season pass($30) since I tend to go there a couple times a year for a hike or scenic drive with family.
I do agree with you though. It is too slow, my bike just doesn't like being locked at that speed, so I usually go 5 over. I think the bike is happier at 40-45.
Blue Ridge Parkway is the best, but I won't enjoy it for a road trip, will take me two plus hours to get there.

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
I am unable to get anytime off at this short notice. Enjoy the ride and be safe. I have my fingers crossed for a Indian summer, maybe I can slip up to the BRP then.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts