Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
My 996 had a Shorai when I bought it (used, obviously). Nonetheless I put on the MotoLectric cables and that was the quickest-starting Ducati I have owned (seven to date).
My 2012 Multistrada turns kind of slow but fires within 1-2 revolutions. Might do the MotoLectric wires on it too.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ok, still new to Ducati and trying to understand what is 'normal' and what could be a symptom for a weak battery. Bike is under batter tender when in garage, but it might have sat at the dealer in consignment for a few months. My only point of reference is BMW and GS which seemed to crank up faster.

I took the video of a cold start. Bike was on battery tender prior to starting and tested fine.

What do you guys think? Normal? (sorry for the shaky video) :)

https://youtu.be/ugfIJJOCCHk
Sounds fine - for a Ducati...

·
Vendor
28 Posts
@chad-ANTIGRAVITYLITHIUMBATTERIES

Good to have you here. I purchased two of your LI batteries. One on my previous Panigale which I traded last fall just following installation. Really didn't have a chance to test it.
However, I just picked-up a new Multistrada where my dealer agreed to upgrade the stock Yuasa for a 480CA Antigravirty. No issues so far but I only have been riding the bike for a couple of weeks. Notwithstanding, I don't expect any issues. When will the remote for the re-start feature be available?
Hey DarR, Unfortunately the remote was pushed back due to an issue in production and the launch of our new automotive segment and while I don't have a definitive date we're hoping we should have something concrete in the next few months. That being said there are actually a couple of work arounds that can trigger the Re-Start function. It's a 12v burst that essentially wakes the battery and if you have any kind of jump starter or even a battery charger that terminates to pigtails running to the battery, a quick connect and disconnect will provide the same effect as pushing the button.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts