Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If there was a service offered to pay your traffic tickets at a monthly $15 Charge, would you sign up? And would a contract change your answer? A simple Yes or No would be great. Im trying to do a little R&D here. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
294 Posts
No.

Reason being the cost of the ticket isn't the total cost of the outcome, i.e. insurance cost increases and surcharges robbed...I mean taxed from the states.

I WOULD pay that amount, and much, much more for a lawyer that could contest moving violations and get me out for no points/no insurance increases.

No brainer.

·
I have a button.. BITCHES!
8,971 Posts
No, I too, have never had a ticket. If I get caught speeding (which would be for a lightweight number) I'll just take my lumps and pay closer attention next time.

·
Senior Italophile
865 Posts
No here also. Just got my first ever ticket in 28 years of riding, for going 67 in a 65.

·
Senior Italophile
865 Posts
:eek::eek::eek: Wow, now that's just anal!

Yeah, It was a Moto CHP he pulled up behind me and followed me for a about a mile and a half. I just cruised at the pace of all the trafic around us. He lit me up then proceeded to take forever to write me up. I think he just wanted to see my paperwork to see if I was a young squid with issues. I was very polite and conversational. He tried to say that I modified my tail section that it was not legal. and that is why he pulled me over.(I have a stock monoposto tail section)

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I would if it did not f* up my insurance and points but not for the money only. just got my second ticket 92 in a 65 and I am gonna take it to court

·
Senior Italophile
865 Posts
I would if it did not f* up my insurance and points but not for the money only. just got my second ticket 92 in a 65 and I am gonna take it to court

Dude How do you argue a 92 in a 65?

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
did you get last night after leaving Twains from GSP on 75N?
nope got it 2 weeks ago coming down from blood mountain on 400 near the end

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Dude How do you argue a 92 in a 65?
dont know but i will, My buddy got a ticket too, he was besides me, and he told me that it was kind of a speed trap thing not the laser gun. so i am trusting him, if not i'll have to pay at least 300bucks

·
Registered
227 Posts
so my answer is yes I would pay and yes you should do it, reason why is that most people including me do pay for uninsured motorists, which seems a bunch of bullshit since DMV won't release a registration tag unless you insure your vehicle...experienced that first hand.
so technically there shouldn't be any uninsured people on the road but ...there are

so if you can get the insurance company to add that to their policy option then your are golden....now keep in mind that some tix may be very expensive like exhibition of speed...experience that first hand as well...and such so I would make people pay more like fity than 15....

...good idea though!!!!

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.