Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And the news came.....
http://kohd.com/page/130167

Ernie "Yes Man" Vigil and Nick Apex are two of the nicest guys we have ever met and they put on a show that brought crowds to our store. The Hyper Truck crew rocked and it was an amazing day. If they come through your town, go see them. If they aren't scheduled to come to your dealer, go down there and beg like that kid in a Christmas Story begged for a Red Rider BB gun. Because no matter how many wheelies and stoppies you've seen or done, these guys will put a grin on your face that you won't wipe off for days!

More pictures on our facebook page, come over and check them out!

Kathy Jo
Bend Euro Moto

p.s. thanks to the moderators who let me put this back in the light!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ducati stuntas??!! I was hoping this was an oxymoron.

These guys should do the Ducati community a favor and switch their bikes to gixxers or something... or better yet, ride a motorcycle as it was intended to be ridden.

·
Registered
516 Posts

These guys should do the Ducati community a favor and switch their bikes to gixxers or something... or better yet, ride a motorcycle as it was intended to be ridden.

damn dude did someone piss in your wheaties???

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Since you ride a 999R, probably the best example of someone who rides the motorcycle as it was intended would be Troy Bayliss, right? Have you ever seen him cross the finish line first and NOT do a big wheelie?

·
9,757 Posts

LOL dude they're hypermotards. How else are they supposed to be ridden?

And ducati has been employing "stunt" riders to show off their monster lineup in Europe for ages.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Chilehead
6,985 Posts
Are they stock HMs, or are they modified for dry sump? Those long wheelies leave no oil near the pickup, even with the deep sump!

Pretty cool riding, though.

Tom

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts

Bit of a snob are we? Not everyone likes things the way you do nor are the things you like the same thing that everyone else does or should like. Get over yourself.

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
434 Posts
That's pretty cool...a factory stunt team! Looks like great marketing to me...

·
Registered
367 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Not trying to be a snob here guys but I just don't think Ducati's were meant for stunting and in fact, find stunting kind of juvenile. It just makes me think of guys doing stand-up wheelies down the highway in traffic or stoppies at stop lights, the kind of behavior that gets people hurt or killed.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Since you ride a 999R, probably the best example of someone who rides the motorcycle as it was intended would be Troy Bayliss, right? Have you ever seen him cross the finish line first and NOT do a big wheelie?
...and therefore, the 999R is a "stunta" bike. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
90 Posts
So is riding any bike with more than 80 HP on the street, there is absolutely no need for it.

Tom
True there may not be a need for it, but it still can be ridden responsibly. Stunting and responsible don't go together imo. If you're into it, so be it, it's just not for me.

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
434 Posts
At least these guys were stunting in a closed environment and not on open streets...

I'm not into stunting either, but I still think it's cool to watch...

·
Registered
146 Posts
True there may not be a need for it, but it still can be ridden responsibly. Stunting and responsible don't go together imo. If you're into it, so be it, it's just not for me.
Responsibility is something I have to have at work, not while riding. What would be the point of having any of the bikes I do if I had to be "responsible" all the time.

·
Registered
725 Posts
The guys I hear complaining about "Stunta's" are generally the first in line to watch the "police precision drill team" on the hydra-glides.

It's Ironic

·
Registered
146 Posts
Also, I handed both stunters the keys to my built Multi and very built SC1000 as well as a brand new street fighter. I figure any guy who gets paid to wheelie through LA doubling as Jim Carry probably won't wreck my Ducati on a street ride.
I took the guys out on some local twistie roads and found them to be great street riders. I am really picky about who I will ride with, and I would love to ride with these guys.
Nick told me he was taking risks riding through the same twisty roads near Vegas at 150. Someone took him to a big, safe, parking lot where the stunters would hang out. He tried some stuff and liked it and other than some bumps and bruises, the stunts are pretty safe when done in a safe place. These guys think stand up wheelies in traffic and stoppies at lights are stupid too. There are big vacant lots in every city in the US, whats wrong with organizing the kids who do the stupid stuff and giving them a chance to play where it's safe.
It is all about control of the bike. What these guys do is a lot like riding trials, slow and precise. I expected some jerky stunter boys with attitudes and what I got was two really cool motorcyclists who figured out a way to get paid for riding hypermotards all summer.

Now I need to go and charge the battery on my Husaberg Supermoto, I need to try a few things :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
...and therefore, the 999R is a "stunta" bike. :rolleyes:
Nah, I doubt Ducati ever built a bike for the purpose of stunting. Your bike was built for the racetrack and you ride it "responsibly" on the street. Talk about not using a bike for it's intended purpose!

This was just pure fun. They love their Hypermotards! Anyone want to guess which other Ducati they would like to do exhibitions on?

Kathy Jo

·
Registered
90 Posts
Responsibility is something I have to have at work, not while riding. What would be the point of having any of the bikes I do if I had to be "responsible" all the time.
So there is no point in being responsible on a motorcycle? With all the risks involved with riding a motorcylce, I prefer to do all I can to mitigate that risk. To me, stunting just compounds that risk so I choose to avoid it.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts