Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as of today, new "look", and I can no longer select the "Classic" interface?

Piss people off and drive them away--sounds like a brilliant business model.

I have seen this on other web sites, and it works really well. ...If what you are trying to do is alienate your membership.

It's certainly working for me. I now have additional free time to do other things, because I will be spending less time on this board.

Great work.

Later, Rich

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Seriously man ... get over it. This situation is no different than if you were to become a member to a new forum. In fact, there is far more instructional ~use of functions~ tutorial now than there was with the old system. WAY more. I find it to be very surprising that some folks are throwing their diaper over the upgrade. Alienating? Really? So you're willing to shitcan the relationships you forged over a format change? Pretty self centered rather than alienating. There are nearly 80,000 members here, I'm not sure that anyone will really notice your absence if you leave.

I learned my way around the new format inside of a half an hour. 30 lousy minutes. At least put in a little effort. It won't even hurt, not even a little tiny bit ... I promise!

You'll be back ... you know you will ... and I know you will.

:)

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
It still looks like face book (shit)
This is a condition, not a problem. Conditions are things we have no control over (such as the Sun rising each morning). Problems are things we can actually do something about.

That said, the new format is a condition. It's no big deal.

;)

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,448 Posts
Yes, I might have guessed you'd like it Rex

·
Banned
397 Posts
I'm not a fan of the new look but at the end of the day it's just a forum!

Some people are so inflexible to change, unfortunately it's necessary sometimes and while it my not be to everyones taste or preference lets remember that there's no charge to come here and access the place....

·
Bon Vivant
10,212 Posts
Not a fan of the new format either. There are some improvements in functionality but the classic style was much easier to read and far more intuitive in its layout and organization. This is a big blank white page with sections of text scattered about and no delineation. Even on my desktop with a huge screen the text is hard to read and the least important stats and info are in the most prominent positions. And I freakin hate all of the changes in terminology, why the fuck is that necessary? now we have to learn a new language too? Oh and now all the emojis and other forms of code from every past post don't work so we have all these posts with unsightly and confusing bare code in the body of the text. Over all it sucks. Who knows, I might get used to it but for now I'll be here less and contribute less too...

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I love familiar things like many people, and frankly I think modern user interfaces are getting worse for my taste as well. There is trend toward less information density on the screen which means more buttons and clicking. I say this as someone who works in the software industry.

But under the covers this site is much better. Faster, better image attach function, better search, better messaging. The truth is the old site probably was not maintainable. Things get old and need replacing, fact of life. Not like the admins are changing sites every year for the sake.

·
Registered
62 Posts
So, even if there's bad things about the new layout that's why there's.... UPDATES :eek:

I'm pretty sure there's a forum for suggestions, post yours there. Save yourself some time and don't tell them you want the old format back.

Give it a week or two and you'll adjust, for sure. I'm over here wondering when my other forums will be updated now because this is awesome!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I'm taking a bit to get used to the new format, but overall, I approve. The old one had a number of annoying characteristics, and just didn't work all that well. This one functions much better already.

Philb

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
I would really encourage everyone to participate in this thread to make suggestions, comments and irritations about the new format:

·
North Carolina, USA
3,292 Posts
I approve and/or disapprove. Whatever... Which way is the wind blowing right now? 90% of the time this is a place I go to for some mindless entertainment. Surprising how some folks get themselves into a tizzy about changes on here. It is just a motorcycle forum ya know.

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,448 Posts
Yes, just take the moral high ground and belittle anyone who doesn't come here for mindless entertainment... that's what twitter's for.
There is still no spell checker, you can't delete a post and probably a few more snags... but it looks pretty.

·
North Carolina, USA
3,292 Posts
Yes, just take the moral high ground and belittle anyone who doesn't come here for mindless entertainment... that's what twitter's for.
There is still no spell checker, you can't delete a post and probably a few more snags... but it looks pretty.
Just posting my thoughts like everyone else. That's what forums are for. If you feel belittled by my post that's on you.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Yes, I might have guessed you'd like it Rex
Damn dude ... what's up with that? Back atchya ....

Just to clear things up, I do not have a twitter account, I do not have a Facebook account (well I do but haven't logged on in over five years or so .... I'm not a FB/Twitter fan at all). So to anyone that thought that of me, so so wrong.

I like it because it's a safer/more secure platform which protects this deeply rich repository of priceless data that could never be replaced if things went to hell.

I'm not bitching about it because there's no sense in complaining. One may cry all they wish, but it won't make the rain go away.

:giggle:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Just for the speed it's worth dealing with visual differences. Give it a couple of weeks and you won't regret the old layout.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Arguing amongst ourselves now? Simmah down naw............

Make your points in the area Scottro the Magnificent pointed out. Let the mods sort it out. But, ffs quick arguing.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts