Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so we have a President! Congratulations go out to Gary.

I am sure he will do a very good job and represent us well in our forthcoming dealings with Ducati Corp. He better, I voted for him.

I will take a packet of info from Gary to MotoGP tomorrow and try to give it to Vicki Smith regarding our clubs leadership issues.

Additionally, Gary has given me text for our business cards which I hope to have printed by our next meeting.

I suppose our next logical step is to write our charter or bylaws, as stipulated by Ducati Corp. This can be handled at our next meeting as well.

Again, congrats Gary. :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Don't we need to elect other officals now before we move forward with the processes of bylaws and other stuff?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think our bylaws will spell out which officers we will have, how long they will serve as well as a number of other things.

I spoke to Gary and at the next meeting we can all give our thoughts on what the rules should be, what officers we want to have etc. and a couple guys could be appointed to write our charter...for everyone to approve of course.

That is sort of the way we thought it might go, although if anyone has a better idea I think everyone is open to hearing it.

At this point how we proceed is pretty much up to us. We were just thinking the charter/bylaws would be the next logical step.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Well we voted.

And Gary is the new president Congradulations ......................We should be able to get the club thing going faster now. Like I been saying leaving today our in the morning for a smokey mountain trip. Probably won't be around a computor for the next 10 our so days. I did join Ducati on the duc sight.............................But don't really think I signed up in the right area it was just a register thing I think to look at parts etc. I was not asked for my Vin # like you guys said. Remember fella's put the club together with some finesse there are some of the guys skeptical about this whole thing yet. But with some carefull thought I really think this can be a great thing. I was not interested at first but after the battle,war, etc.....................It got me involved more than I thought I would be....................So for a while any way I plan on helping,:) being pain in the ass:eek:, our what ever needs to be done to make this work. Rob again have fun riding with the fella's this weekend.:D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JT have a GREAT time on your trip! and thanks for your support for the club!

If you think something is being manhandled or needs more finesse, say so, this club needs all the input it can get. I too am skeptical about the club but I agree that if this is done right it could be really great! If everyone helps out and feels like their opinions are heard and respected I think we can really build a great community of Duc riders here.

Leaving for MotoGP now, back Tues.

Chris

·
Registered
189 Posts
Offices....

Congrats on Gary on becoming El Presidente'.

Now as for when we discuss bylaws and other processes I feel that we should have first some sort of minimal adminstration or structure in place. So when we start the bylaw process when can get straight into it.

Since we have elected a president, I think we need at a minimal a vice president, a treasurer, a secretary, and a risk manger ( i would say that this would be the ride captain / safety man ). This can be written into the bylaws among other positions like communications and events and so on at the point of the meeting. But I think it would be better to have and save a whole heck of a lot of time if everything was in place, as to the offices I mentioned above. This will allow us more time at the meeting to get straight to business to make this into a strong club.

Rob

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks for the position.

I believe the goal of this club is to ride!

My job is to be minimally involved in the ride tasks, there are many better people for that than me! I will try to take care of the administrative items that are needed. That is it.

Anyone needs help, wants to join, needs info, contact me via phone, email, or smoke signals. Morse code via engine reving is not understood by me. I also do not read minds, just ask my wife!

Please let me know what you need to make this experience great and all the club members will help!

Gary

·
Registered
322 Posts
Gary sounds good to me.

The administrative area I am sure you will be great in. Like your saying for this to work it will take everyone.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Congrats Gary! I'm sure you will do a fine job. You have the drive of a leader. Hopefully everything will fall into place.

Nicolae

1 - 12 of 12 Posts