Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On May 6th, 2019 -

Geoff Welsby passed away. He was a great man! A test driver for the Ford motor Co. until his retirement, also built and provided transmissions to most of the cars racing in the UK's open wheel racing format. He and his wife, were instrumental in breeding Barn Owls, to repopulate the endangered species. He is survived by his family, and many friends on this forum and abroad.
I met Geoff, via this very Forum. I had expressed interest in going to the Isle of Man TT Race( 2016.) He contacted me and we developed a friendship. I stayed with them, after the race in 2016. He became family to me, and a mentor . Part of this was driven by the fact that we both owned Ducati Street Fighters, his was probably the most awarded Ducati Streetfighter of all time! He has fans from south America to Italy.
We spoke via FaceTime , weekly... for the last 2 years. He was one of my best friends. His, cremation ceremony was Today, and I was unable to be there.
Most of you will not care about this... I have this to say. We live on two wheels, tomorrow is not promised to anyone! Do your best for everyone in your life! and enjoy the ride you have.

·
Bon Vivant
10,494 Posts
Geoff was not a prolific personality on this forum but I spoke with him privately on many occasions. He was a gregarious and friendly guy with a huge passion for the streetfighter and for bikes in general. I felt like I got to know him over the years and looked forward to getting a note from him from time to time. The news of his passing was a huge shock to me today. My best wishes go out to his friends and family and I will very much miss him. He was a wonderful man.

·
Administrator
12,033 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Hey FatCobra,

So sorry to hear about your loss. There are truly so few motorcyclists left in general, and losing one of the best is that much worse. Hang in there, my man.

God bless,
Murph

·
Premium Member
1,123 Posts
Sad to lose friends and family. You have my condolences.

God speed Geoff.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
FC.

I've not been on for a while as I havent had the interest in it some of it because of Geoff.

I spoke to him often and we had a few visits over the years.
I always ribbed him about his love of Rizoma red as hed stick the shite all over every bike he ever had
He would to anything for anyone but woebetied anyone who got the wrong end of his temper when he knew he was right

A true gent and will be thought of and missed always.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts