Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 340 Posts

·
Administrator
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
First one I went to was in San Francisco in 2010. It’s where I first met Dan, Martin, Benjamin and a few others.

San Francisco??? I didn't get the invite :(

·
Administrator
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Love the Forks of Salmon, and Sawyers Bar... The road from Cecilville to Callahan was pretty amazing after that also... Now you have me wanting to take a trip up to Weaverville again...

Speaking of all this, here is some video from the Lost Coast trip that I tried to talk you and Mike into attending... maybe next year?

·
Registered
818 Posts
I love the roads in the Trinity Alps area but I would really like to know if there is anything left after the fires.
Hey Scott for some reason I couldn't get your youtube clip to play. Am I doing something wrong?
regardless of where the WCM2019 event takes place
I will be there

·
Administrator
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I love the roads in the Trinity Alps area but I would really like to know if there is anything left after the fires.
Hey Scott for some reason I couldn't get your youtube clip to play. Am I doing something wrong?
regardless of where the WCM2019 event takes place
I will be there

Not sure why you couldn't get it to play, maybe try using this → https://youtu.be/-dv7HeAb2V0

·
Administrator
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Sooo, the River Pines is booked for both weekends we were considering AND I have called a number of other options in the entire area and there is just nothing. The word from everyone is that it has become a wedding hot spot. Our options are that we look at AirBNB possibilities, look for another weekend that works for most everyone or consider another location.

Let the discussion begin.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
For those that build Northern CA trips around WSBK at Laguna, and factor that in to WCM travel considerations, it looks like WSBK is skipping the U.S. in 2019.

RoadracingWorld.com Article

Scott, when you say "options in the entire area", do you mean surrounding towns like Quincy, etc.?

I'm not as familiar with Northern CA as I used to be so I'm no help with suggesting towns similar to Graeagle, I am a fan of places that allow us to gather after the day's riding to embellish stories, etc... Coming from SW Washington, whichever place is chosen it'll either be a long ride, or a long ride and I'll plan on being there.

·
Administrator
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I didn't check as far north as Quincy but that would be a possible option or maybe the Lake Almanor area?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Quincy, Bucks Lake Road , LaPorte is a good riding area. I have only been there once and would go again.
I rode there with Robert VP a couple of years ago ( before fires) and we stayed in Willows where there are 4 or 5 motels.
The motels book up if there is an event at Thunderhill though

·
Administrator
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I think Willows will be too darn hot for us to enjoy our evenings and it's not very pretty but I am going to expand my search to Quincy, Chester and Almanor. I will try and take a drive up there in the next two weeks to see what suitable accommodations I can stumble on.

·
Administrator
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
We could always go back to Weaverville... Salmon River... ;-)
That is certainly a great option if we don't find anything in the Lake Almanor area, I have enjoyed every trip we have taken to Weaverville.

·
Registered
946 Posts
As there will be no WSBK weekend this year (MotoA only) at Laguna Seca, I'm down for what ever, where ever and when ever.

That being the case, I was going to suggest maybe Markleeville?
https://goo.gl/maps/rsmA6zUvqLr

Never stayed there...or actually been there but it is South of Tahoe. Any thoughts?
I know there is a hotel or two there...there is an annual major bicycle ride there https://deathride.com/
so accommodations must be relatively plentiful....oh, and that weekend would be one to avoid.

·
Administrator
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
As there will be no WSBK weekend this year (MotoA only) at Laguna Seca, I'm down for what ever, where ever and when ever.

That being the case, I was going to suggest maybe Markleeville?
https://goo.gl/maps/rsmA6zUvqLr

Never stayed there...or actually been there but it is South of Tahoe. Any thoughts?
I know there is a hotel or two there...there is an annual major bicycle ride there https://deathride.com/
so accommodations must be relatively plentiful....oh, and that weekend would be one to avoid.
There is one hotel nearby, the Woodfords Inn. It would probably have no problem accommodating all of us. We did stay very close to there 2 years ago in 2017 at Lake Topaz and had an excellent ride/lunch in Tahoe. Could be an option if we can't find a new place. We are working on Lake Almanor and still pondering circling back Weaverville.

·
Smut peddler
834 Posts
My vote is I don't give a shit, I'll be there wherever it is. This year has sucked (missing the event just being one thing), so I'm taking the long way there and back next year. And yes, I'll bring a jerry can with me.:laugh:

·
Registered
259 Posts
WCM 2019 (West Coast Meetup 2019)

For those that build Northern CA trips around WSBK at Laguna, and factor that in to WCM travel considerations, it looks like WSBK is skipping the U.S. in 2019.

RoadracingWorld.com Article

Scott, when you say "options in the entire area", do you mean surrounding towns like Quincy, etc.?

I'm not as familiar with Northern CA as I used to be so I'm no help with suggesting towns similar to Graeagle, I am a fan of places that allow us to gather after the day's riding to embellish stories, etc... Coming from SW Washington, whichever place is chosen it'll either be a long ride, or a long ride and I'll plan on being there.

Laguna Seca Has Been Added to the 2019 WorldSBK Calendar

July 12-14

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/wsbk/laguna-seca-added-2019-worldsbk-calendar/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
946 Posts
Laguna Seca Has Been Added to the 2019 WorldSBK Calendar

July 12-14
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!! Made my reservations in Monterey tonight for July 11th to the 15th. I guess that weekend is out for me attending WCM then.:grin2:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well I guess I might as well speak up. Good to hear from all you guys and a happy new year to all. The red scoots are still running and so is the older body. I do plan on attending with the older red (probably to the blond Jessicas chagrin). I keep getting slower each and every year and now use the older ST for comfort on the longer rides. I will probably be keeping Jackie company

If my memory is still accurate this will be number six in a row. I do intend to bring my old friend G JACK along as well. We have a great mutual understanding.

Last year at Ft Bragg was great especially seeing the VYRUS awsome scooter. As you might guess my preference runs to Grayeagle, Topaz Lake and Weaverville. All are great and will be on my go list.

Looks like some of the SLO boys will be there to shepard us. Great.

More to come later. RUBBER SIDE DOWN
Bill

·
Administrator
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
For an update on my end, I spent a few days this week calling places around Lake Almanor and I think we might have some good options. Some lodging did not have someone who could answer my questions due to the season and holidays but I will confirm in the next 2 or 3 days with those options and prices here.

If we can't put Almanor together we can always do Weaverville but Almanor does look promising and will give us some beautiful country to explore like Mt. Lassen for example.

21 - 40 of 340 Posts