Contact Phone: 530.259.4343
Owner is: Kevin

Yes! I have everything set up now and the reservation prices are as follows:
Single Rooms: $95
Double Rooms that has the second bed in a semi - separate area: $115

Cabins:
1 queen / two twins: $145
1 King (honeymoon suite): $175

------------------------------- The Below Was Posted In Pre-Planning On 9/29/2018 ----------------------------------------
I know it is early but I wanted to start a discussion about Graeagle dates and lodging. I called the River Pines Resort to hold 15 rooms and they told me they are booked both weekends I was thinking of (June 14th or June 21st). I can look at other weekends or I can look at alternative places to stay and just wanted to get a little input from the crew. I know we can't please everyone so I will look at this as an advisory committee :D

·
Premium Member
8,689 Posts
I might be riding up to Graeagle Oct 7th on a little group ride, always liked it up there, hgwy 89 is a beautiful ride in with the big meadows and forests all around.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
It's never too early to start thinking about the next meet in my book... If forced to choose between the June 14th or 21st, I'd go for the 14th for more separation between WCM and WSBK/4th of July time off from work. If I were part of the retiree set it'd be the other way around.

Thanks Scott!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
If forced to choose between the June 14th or 21st, I'd go for the 14th for more separation between WCM and WSBK/4th of July time off from work. If I were part of the retiree set it'd be the other way around.

Thanks Scott!
I agree...yet I'm part of the retiree crowd....well, partially anyway. More separation between WSBK weekend and WCM gets my vote. I declined to go this year as there was very little time in between.

I suppose I could pull off a day ride up and then back the next but where's the fun in the that?...sean

·
Señor Member
8,079 Posts
Either of those dates work for me so maybe looking for another lodging that can accommodate us would be good.

·
Registered
832 Posts
As part of the retiree set I have the luxury of time without committments. Either weekend works for me. I think I will arrive earlier this year and stay longer. The I5 ride up through Oregon on any Sunday is a killer

·
Registered
259 Posts
As part of the retiree set I have the luxury of time without committments. Either weekend works for me. I think I will arrive earlier this year and stay longer. The I5 ride up through Oregon on any Sunday is a killer

I didn’t mind the ride back until it started raining. Until then I just pretended like I was still in the land of glorious lane-splitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi, can you describe for us newbies what a WCM Graeagle meet up (or other) would look like?

Is there riding in the area or is it the final destination and the ride up to Graeagle is the adventure.

Is there any camping?

The population looks small in Graeagle (nice to me). Is Mount Shasta too far? Anything with a swimming lake sounds good to me, too.

Thanks and the date looks good, school is out and it's sandwiched nicely between Memorial May and July Independence.

I would be coming up from the Bay Area. This could be my first meet up!

·
Administrator
12,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi, can you describe for us newbies what a WCM Graeagle meet up (or other) would look like?

Is there riding in the area or is it the final destination and the ride up to Graeagle is the adventure.

Is there any camping?

The population looks small in Graeagle (nice to me). Is Mount Shasta too far? Anything with a swimming lake sounds good to me, too.

Thanks and the date looks good, school is out and it's sandwiched nicely between Memorial May and July Independence.

Our West Coast Meet Ups are at a location that we converge on and then we do a Friday and Saturday ride with evenings spent having cocktails, dinner and social times. There a number of lakes around the Graeagle area. Check out Gold Lake Hwy about 10 minutes away that has at least 10 lakes to visit.

·
Smut peddler
877 Posts

Is there any camping?

The basics are as such; All day you hang on for dear life, trying to stay within sonar range of some little blonde chica and a few "retired" guys (they must got somewhere to be, because gottdamn, theyre in a hurry). Then you get back to start a night of hedonistic debauchery, filled with oiled Turkish leg wrestling, fire walking over the campfire, a hunt into the woods to kill what you grill (bare hands no less), then do shooters out of a Termi tuner pipe until the sun comes up. I don't know how I ended up on the roof, but I can tell you shingles chafe like a mother when your naked. Don't remember what happened, can't wait to do it again.:grin2:

In all cerealness (I'm being totally cereal), this is a great meet, with even greaterer people. I'm down for whenever/wherever. I will instill my faith and give my first unborn (who wants one of those things anyways) in whatever deity will allow me to make next year's meet. This year sucked missing this event, hope it don't happen again.

·
Señor Member
8,079 Posts

Is there any camping?

What those other two forgot to mention is the newbie(s) must provide the drinks and “entertainment” ala prospect in an outlaw bike club. Please don’t disappoint.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I know it is early but I wanted to start a discussion about Graeagle dates and lodging. I called the River Pines Resort to hold 15 rooms and they told me they are booked both weekends I was thinking of (June 14th or June 21st). I can look at other weekends or I can look at alternative places to stay and just wanted to get a little input from the crew. I know we can't please everyone so I will look at this as an advisory committee :D
Are you looking for ideas for alternate lodging in the Graeagle those two weekends, or dates outside of those two weekends? Anything in that area would be great, and I like those weekends too...

If we need to find another destination because things are just too booked up there, I'm sure we can find something away from traffic and tourists...

·
Administrator
12,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are you looking for ideas for alternate lodging in the Graeagle those two weekends, or dates outside of those two weekends? Anything in that area would be great, and I like those weekends too...

If we need to find another destination because things are just too booked up there, I'm sure we can find something away from traffic and tourists...
I am working on what looks like a possible good option for lodging. I will update in the next few days to a week. If not we will recalibrate and have a somewhat democratic discussion. :D

·
Registered
259 Posts
Have you guys ever done the Eureka/Fortuna area? Can’t remember if we discussed it or not.

299, 36, 3, 101, 1

·
Administrator
12,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Have you guys ever done the Eureka/Fortuna area? Can’t remember if we discussed it or not.

299, 36, 3, 101, 1

It might be time to make a list of places:

2009: Bridgeport
2010: Bridgeport
2011: Bridgeport
2012: Cambria
2013: Graeagle
2014: Graeagle
2015: Weaverville
2016: Weaverville
2017: Topaz Lake
2018: Fort Bragg

·
Registered
259 Posts
Fortuna was nice because there is camping right next door to the hotels.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Eel River Brewing is amazing too. Best fish and chips and onion rings ever.

·
Administrator
12,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Fortuna was nice because there is camping right next door to the hotels.

The Weaverville trips covered the entire area you mention pretty well including all of the roads 299/3/36/1/101... Along with a few choice goat roads that Chip and Mike found for us (Forks of the Salmon was awesome!) We had lunch in Eureka both times.

Jess and I just did a trip to the Lost Coast and stayed in Fortuna and I agree it should be a future consideration.

·
Registered
215 Posts
The Weaverville trips covered the entire area you mention pretty well including all of the roads 299/3/36/1/101... Along with a few choice goat roads that Chip and Mike found for us (Forks of the Salmon was awesome!) We had lunch in Eureka both times.

Jess and I just did a trip to the Lost Coast and stayed in Fortuna and I agree it should be a future consideration.
Love the Forks of Salmon, and Sawyers Bar... The road from Cecilville to Callahan was pretty amazing after that also... Now you have me wanting to take a trip up to Weaverville again...

·
Señor Member
8,079 Posts
It might be time to make a list of places:

2009: Bridgeport
2010: Bridgeport
2011: Bridgeport
2012: Cambria
2013: Graeagle
2014: Graeagle
2015: Weaverville
2016: Weaverville
2017: Topaz Lake
2018: Fort Bragg
First one I went to was in San Francisco in 2010. It’s where I first met Dan, Martin, Benjamin and a few others.

1 - 20 of 341 Posts