Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mentioned at the meet in Lake Almanor in June that I was thinking about hosting another weekend in my area on the central coast... Just wanted to follow-up (albeit later than I had planned) to see what kind of interest there is from you guys and get a preliminary head count.

Dates/Agenda:
Weekend of November 8th - 10th.
Friday Day: Travel in, or unorganized group ride(s)
Friday Night (11/8): BBQ and hang out at my place
Saturday (11/9): Group Ride; I'll put together a few options, but likely up the coast to Big Sur for lunch and back, plus a shorter local ride for those not interested in an almost 200 mile day.

Spouse/significant other options... If you want to bring your spouse/significant other, but they don't want to be part of the group ride, there is plenty to do, including wine tasting... Lots of good wineries close by... We are wine club members at a few good ones and Becky could bring some people out wine tasting. Depending on the head count we could look up the options for a shuttle so no one is drinking and driving.

Sunday (11/10); would have no organized plans as I expect most would be traveling back home on Sunday I imagine. If anyone is hanging around the extra day, we could discuss Friday and Saturday.

Lodging:
Multiple Hotel/Motel options in Atascadero or Paso from cheap to spendy.
Google it. Expedia lists some pretty good options in the area.

P.S. Patrick, you have dibs if you want to drive down and use the V-Strom for the group ride.

·
Administrator
11,836 Posts
I would be very interested...

·
Señor Member
8,039 Posts
Darn, this would have been a great trip for Sue and I but we’ve made plans to be in Texas that weekend.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
'Sounds like a fun trip and great reason to finally explore that part of CA.

I'm interested, but with some family needs I can't commit at this time.

I appreciate the offer of first dibs to ride the V-Strom, it does sweeten the pot for me :smile2:

·
Registered
918 Posts
I'm afraid Crissy and I won't be able to make it either. We will be in Monterey the week before, and will be on our way home that weekend.

Aside from the time off work, I am currently one deep in my office and really can't afford to be away for a week as it is. Still hoping another employee is hired soon....

We really wanted to make it down for another weekend with the dot MS crew as we had so much fun at this summer's WCM....sean

·
Smut peddler
821 Posts
+1.

I'm in if Scott is.

I love him.

A lot.

:eek::eek::eek:
Does that mean you're still taking applications? :grin2:

I'm in. I would love to explore as many dirt roads as your area can provide.:grin2:

·
Administrator
11,836 Posts
I guess we should start an official list of people who are coming so we can plan accordingly.

Chip (U235Power) & Becky
RobertVP
Ian996
Scott & Jessica

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I'm in!

Has anyone told wild Bill? He's not so internet savvy.

·
Smut peddler
821 Posts
I guess we should start an official list of people who are coming so we can plan accordingly.

Chip (U235Power) & Becky
RobertVP
Ian996
Scott & Jessica
Jackie Treehorn (lesser known as John)

·
Administrator
11,836 Posts
I'm in!

Has anyone told wild Bill? He's not so internet savvy.

I think Jackie and Bill are going to ride up to Lake Topaz for the night and then head over to the event after a tire change... :grin2:

·
Premium Member
902 Posts

Chip (U235Power) & Becky
RobertVP
Ian996
Scott & Jessica
Jackie Treehorn (lesser known as John)
kdekhordi
Coconut

It appears "we're getting the band back together"

·
Administrator
11,836 Posts
Chip do you have any favorite hotels you would recommend?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Chip do you have any favorite hotels you would recommend?
On the cheap, I'd suggest the Vino Inn and Suites... $90-110 per night It's a good location, walk over to Malibu Brew in the morning, and just a short walk to Streetside, a good restaurant...

Mid Range, I'd probably recommend the Best Western in Atascadero... Looks like about $140-150 per night. Holiday Inn Express is a little pricier in the "mid range" category.

The Carlton would be great if you want to spend $200+. It's nice and right next to Streetside and a couple other restaurants. The Spring Hill Marriott would also fall into that $200+ category.

One caveat is that I live here, so I haven't stay personally at any of these places... Just judging from the where I know they are and Expedia & Google reviews.

Hope this helps...

·
Smut peddler
821 Posts
Anyone decide where they're staying? Not gonna lie, a little disappointed Chip tossed out my renting the master bathroom for the weekend idea. Guess he has some wierd rule against bringing a George Foreman grill and borrowing ice from the fridge to cool my beers in the toilet. Meh, friggin yuppies.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts