Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my set the other day in the post, installed them this afternoon. Here are the pics.

Have to say, very well constructed, the color is spot on, and if they don't look OEM, I don't know what does. I am electrically challenged so the ease of plug and play was most appreciated.

Easily a bargain mod for the price. Nice work, well packaged and courteous and helpful emails. If I had a nit, two small zip ties in the box would have been over the top service, but that is a nit. +1 for not charging me until they shipped. nice touch.

Part of me likes the silver bullet retro too, but the OEMs were just too big and the rizoma's micro bullets are not LED/plug & play so here we are. Will keep you posted on how they work out over the haul.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another set of pics.

PS. Thanks to JC, I fixed the union on the clutch side and have symmetry on the fluid lines now...finally.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
The Watsen blinkers are awesome. I like how they integrate on your Sport, I'm in the process of outfitting my GT both front and rear. Will post pics when it's complete.

Congrats. I think this is a great product.

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Watsen blinkers are awesome. I like how they integrate on your Sport, I'm in the process of outfitting my GT both front and rear. Will post pics when it's complete.

Congrats. I think this is a great product.
Oh, and they are absolutely bright enough...I doubt you will be disappointed.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hi, can you please send me a contact and part # for those,I have the same bike and think they look great. Can I just call and order them? Thanks JS

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, can you please send me a contact and part # for those,I have the same bike and think they look great. Can I just call and order them? Thanks JS
http://www.watsendesign.com/Ducati/ducati_sport_classics.htm

order the standard pair, and in the comment section note you need the TALL RED for the SC 1000S. As noted, they were helpful and courteous so a nice email to start off with them should also get you there.

Take care,

G

·
Additional Wasten Design "TALL" Info

Posted this about one hour after George's orig post and it got moved to my site sponsor area. :mad: Not sure why but I have one of the moderators checking....

Look HERE......

·
Registered
154 Posts
Wow -- those look great! I like my little Oberon bullets because they are visible from the front, back, and sides -- how about these? These complete the package very well, especially since you removed your mirrors. Nice!

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
and they're BRIGHT too!

i have these on my WASP tailchop and can't overstate just how friggin bright they are - way brighter than the oem units, and very noticeable in broad daylight. i love 'em!

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow -- those look great! I like my little Oberon bullets because they are visible from the front, back, and sides -- how about these? These complete the package very well, especially since you removed your mirrors. Nice!
You cannot see these from behind. They have great visibility from the side and front as required, but not the rear. It is also a impossible for me as driver to see if I have them on now just by looking down at them.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I spoke briefly with Mr. Watsen (can't remember his first name just now...) shortly after placing my order with him, we were talking about fitting his signals to the rear of my GT. I'm proceeding with my own bit of fabrication, pics will follow when done.

However, and more to the point, he told me he was working on a rear mount system complete with replacement tail light for the GT. I dunno if it would or could work with a Sport or PS, but he seemed pretty receptive to questions and input about his product.

·
Registered
702 Posts
However, and more to the point, he told me he was working on a rear mount system complete with replacement tail light for the GT. I dunno if it would or could work with a Sport or PS, but he seemed pretty receptive to questions and input about his product.
I think he is referring to the system Phil is finishing up for our GTs (http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showpost.php?p=627845&postcount=7). I have a prototype on mine now, see another post for pictures and videos, all on Phil's web site as well. I think the final version is being finished now.

G

·
Watsen Design Turn Signal Orders....

I have received several inquiries about purchasing Watsen Design Turn Signals.

I only use Watsen Design Turn Signals for manufacturing of the FLEDA-DR-WD/FLEDA-DR-WD-GT tail light systems. If you want to purchase just the turn signals then give Watsen Design (Roger) a call or use his onliine system and place your order. Lead time is running about 3 weeks.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I spoke briefly with Mr. Watsen (can't remember his first name just now...) shortly after placing my order with him, we were talking about fitting his signals to the rear of my GT. I'm proceeding with my own bit of fabrication, pics will follow when done.

I'd be interested in seeing this:yeah:

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I think he is referring to the system Phil is finishing up for our GTs (http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showpost.php?p=627845&postcount=7). I have a prototype on mine now, see another post for pictures and videos, all on Phil's web site as well. I think the final version is being finished now.
Actually the context of the information was a conversation I had with Roger. We were discussing ways to mount his blinkers to the rear of my GT, I was describing some mods currently underway to mount his product to the underside of an altered DP Luggage rack. He told me he was working on a complete tail lamp replacement package of his own, with an under-seat bracket that would mount the turn signals and an LED replacement stand-alone tail lamp in place of the stock item.

While the FLEDA/Watsen package for the GT from PakBikes is very cool and slick, but this would be something different. He hasn't offered it on his website yet, so my guess it's still under development.

·
Registered
503 Posts
When I emailed Roger Watsen he promised it was on his list of projects to complete. I am waiting....it will be perfect for the solo seat GT project.

I reckon he will sell quite a few of them too....leds are much better than bulbs...and it will be great to get rid of those goofy poor quality blinkers.

Your rack is cool Jeff...well done.

Cheers

Roger

1 - 17 of 17 Posts