Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, doe's anyone know how to replace water pump motor on hypermotard 821 2014?

Thanks.

·
Registered
506 Posts
It's very strait forward. It's on the left side. Drain the coolant, unbolt the bolts all the way around it, pop the pump off, clean the sealing surface on the engine, apply three bond/yamabond/hondabond and bolt the new back on. Fill with coolant once it's cured and fight with getting all the air out for a few hours then you are done. It really is that simple. It's bolted to the outside and a quick job.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's very strait forward. It's on the left side. Drain the coolant, unbolt the bolts all the way around it, pop the pump off, clean the sealing surface on the engine, apply three bond/yamabond/hondabond and bolt the new back on. Fill with coolant once it's cured and fight with getting all the air out for a few hours then you are done. It really is that simple. It's bolted to the outside and a quick job.
Sound simple :)

I'm mean this rotor (impeller), not motor 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
This part:
Helmet Art Headgear Automotive design Natural material

·
Registered
506 Posts
That is a bit more involved. The impeller needs some special seals and you need to remove some clips that are frustrating but it can be done. There is a gear on the back side that will need removed as well. Same process needs to be done that I mentioned before but you also need to remove the shift lever, the shift arm and the whole left engine case cover. It's a bit of a pain to remove because it's sealed all the way around and not much to grab ahold of to pry it off plus you have the magnets of the stator fighting you. They sell a special tool that connects to the small cover on that side but I can be done without the tool. You might need to drain the oil (I don't remember if I had to or not). What is wrong with your impeller?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts