Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 107 Posts

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,830 Posts
Great build. I think it would look even better if you painted the carbon front fairing yellow. The bike is nice enough on it's own--don't need to emphasize it, you'll know.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Howdo!!

Thanks again for the comments. Got round to weighing the bike today - 177kg or 390lb that was with a full tank of petrol.
Not bad seeing it's got mirrors & 12volt socket (For me smoking jacket) even the ST hazards work.
Still toying with the idea of individual air filters (Or will mod the standard box to take a larger Multistrada filter) and then get a proper re-map - hopefully break the 120Bhp n 80lb barriers.
After that is off to get the bodywork repainted.........yellow?....red?.....Black?

Cheers Pablo

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Howdo!

Not put much for a while so will try and update the recent progress :D
Few pics of the one-off MWR filter, covers the whole area of the air box which should make a difference once I get the bike re-mapped. Personally I think it looks spot on & I can't recommend MWR enough.
Other mods have been the carbon belt covers, Magnecor HT leads (Again one off's, very helpful) and quick release fuel couplings.
Still waiting on the fairings :sleep:
Next main part is to alter the headers and re-map.

Cheers Pablo

Attachments

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Howdo!

Here's a pic of the seat that's been Lasered!!!! Pic was sent from the lad doing the job so will have to see what it looks like in the flesh, hopefully not to bad.

Cheers Pablo

Attachments

·
Registered
954 Posts
MAD bike mate! :D

Loving it...

My Grandad worked as a railway engineer & had a few workshops around the garden in which he would fix stuff, always having a keen eye for making new parts out of old/random metal, improvisation etc.

Something he said to me which I remember fondly to this day was:

"There's no such thing as "does'nt fit?", there is however such a thing as "does'nt fit YET" :)

The ST3 motor - two intake & one exhaust valve per pot?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Howdo!!

Yep just 1 exhaust Vv (Will fit bigger valves one day ) the intakes are flowing more than a 996, however the cams don't have much lift which is a problem for bigger HP. Spoke to the lad doing my fairings and hopefully they will be done in a few weeks then I can get her painted :D
I was surprised how many ST3 bits n bobs I've used. Will put a few more pics of the other stuff soon.

Cheers Pablo

·
Banned
68 Posts
Nice work there Pablo. I think you'll need custom cams for higher lift.
Rüdiger Kämna is working on a 650cc 3 valve prototype for a while.

I think you can go more on weight reduction!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Howdo!

Would love a set of Hi-lift cams. As for weight lost another 1.5kg going from the Odyssey PC310 to the Ballistic EVO2 12 Cell battery. Also knocked up a tank prop for the ETI fuel cell and a few other bits: Brembo radial clutch and quick release fuel connectors, tank is now removable in a few seconds.

As for the diet altering the rear section that houses the battery,relays and supports the rear brake light & indicators.

Cheers Pablo

Attachments

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Howdo!!

Well changed from the Odyssey PC310 (Good Battery) to the Ballistic 12 cell unit, decided to have a go at making a carbon battery tray & tidy up the electrics at the rear.
Used a bit of 4x3 as my template, clayed up the edges, gel coat, fibre coat = 1 mould.

Cheers Pablo

Attachments

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Howdo!

Well that was me Mk1........well to tell the truth it was a right B!"£$%d! Due to the tray mould being quite deep I couldn't get the bloody tray out!:rolleyes:
But as the carbon fibre was all round me house and not quite happy with the outcome decided to have another go, Mk2......this lead me to destroying the mould :( to get the tray out.
I had weighed the number plate holder, battery and tray holder......going from the previous PC310 which had saved me weight over standard. Weighed the numberplate holder with battery at 2160grams, the old unit weighed 1570grams + PC310 (Need to weigh but web states 2.7kg) = 4270grams. This months diet 2110grams........which is nice :D

I've also ordered the Ballistic charger, this comes with a direct lead to balance charge the battery. I then got a 5 pin plug n socket from Maplins made a jury rig so that I can charge the battery without removing the solo seat (As this also houses the 6litre crankcase breather box).

Overall a good result as lost 2.2kg from the project bike, not bad seeing it has the same power curve as a 1098 (Upto 9000) yet weighs agood 25kg - lighter (wet) :D

Cheers Pablo

Attachments

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Howdo!!

Few more updates.

Speedymoto water pump cover (Internally was to small so had this milled out) with a few litres of Engine ice .

Oberon clutch slave.

I also fitted Tricolour LED Battery monitor, I can then see if the charging system is going over 14.2volts (Running the Ballistic Lifepo4 which doesn't like being charged above 14.4volts).

Also changed all the bolts for Ti (Managed to get them at a good price)

Next is the headers,re-map and finally paint!!

Cheers Pablo

Attachments

21 - 40 of 107 Posts