Thanks again for the comments. Got round to weighing the bike today - 177kg or 390lb that was with a full tank of petrol.
Not bad seeing it's got mirrors & 12volt socket (For me smoking jacket) even the ST hazards work.
Still toying with the idea of individual air filters (Or will mod the standard box to take a larger Multistrada filter) and then get a proper re-map - hopefully break the 120Bhp n 80lb barriers.
After that is off to get the bodywork repainted.........yellow?....red?.....Black?
Not put much for a while so will try and update the recent progress
Few pics of the one-off MWR filter, covers the whole area of the air box which should make a difference once I get the bike re-mapped. Personally I think it looks spot on & I can't recommend MWR enough.
Other mods have been the carbon belt covers, Magnecor HT leads (Again one off's, very helpful) and quick release fuel couplings.
Still waiting on the fairings
Next main part is to alter the headers and re-map.
Yep just 1 exhaust Vv (Will fit bigger valves one day ) the intakes are flowing more than a 996, however the cams don't have much lift which is a problem for bigger HP. Spoke to the lad doing my fairings and hopefully they will be done in a few weeks then I can get her painted
I was surprised how many ST3 bits n bobs I've used. Will put a few more pics of the other stuff soon.
Would love a set of Hi-lift cams. As for weight lost another 1.5kg going from the Odyssey PC310 to the Ballistic EVO2 12 Cell battery. Also knocked up a tank prop for the ETI fuel cell and a few other bits: Brembo radial clutch and quick release fuel connectors, tank is now removable in a few seconds.
As for the diet altering the rear section that houses the battery,relays and supports the rear brake light & indicators.
Well changed from the Odyssey PC310 (Good Battery) to the Ballistic 12 cell unit, decided to have a go at making a carbon battery tray & tidy up the electrics at the rear.
Used a bit of 4x3 as my template, clayed up the edges, gel coat, fibre coat = 1 mould.
Well that was me Mk1........well to tell the truth it was a right B!"£$%d! Due to the tray mould being quite deep I couldn't get the bloody tray out!
But as the carbon fibre was all round me house and not quite happy with the outcome decided to have another go, Mk2......this lead me to destroying the mould to get the tray out.
I had weighed the number plate holder, battery and tray holder......going from the previous PC310 which had saved me weight over standard. Weighed the numberplate holder with battery at 2160grams, the old unit weighed 1570grams + PC310 (Need to weigh but web states 2.7kg) = 4270grams. This months diet 2110grams........which is nice
I've also ordered the Ballistic charger, this comes with a direct lead to balance charge the battery. I then got a 5 pin plug n socket from Maplins made a jury rig so that I can charge the battery without removing the solo seat (As this also houses the 6litre crankcase breather box).
Overall a good result as lost 2.2kg from the project bike, not bad seeing it has the same power curve as a 1098 (Upto 9000) yet weighs agood 25kg - lighter (wet)
Back in the summer of 2017 I was looking for a Ducati as a winter project... it took a while but eventually I bought a CAT D damaged Multistrada 1000 DS
Over the winter I set about rebuilding the bike. I removed the bodywork and sold that on to keep other Multistradas going, and mocked the...
After ripping the sump off a few years ago, it was decided one day i would strip it & redo the engine. Anyway after moving house and building a new garage it somewhat delayed the rebuild but after ordering some crankcases from Italy the build began.
Much changing has gone on & its nearly...