Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdo!!!
Thought I would stick the old girl on hear after just rebuilding her. Had the bike for nearly 10years.
Bike is running an ST3 Engine: Pistal Pistons, Light weight flywheel,PCIII, Gas flowed and blue-printed by Chris at CJS. 115BHP n 77lb of torque.
The bike also has the ST wiring loom and clocks fitted, with the oil cooler, reg/rect and rad expansion tank fitted in the head light fairing.
Chassis wise the bike has BST carbon wheels, 1098 forks (Set up by Steve at Peak performance) in adjustable yokes (By Mick at Pro-mach) Adjustable rear sets, Speedymoto clip-ons, Brembo master cylinder, Ohlins rear shock (Longer body by 45mm) Wavy discs all round on HEL lines.
Bodywork: Carbon seat unit & Headlight fairing,cockpit inserts, front n rear mudguards,Mirrors by Moto Science.
Other bits: OdesseyPC310 Battery, wet weight with full tank of petrol 185kg.
Cheers Pablo

Attachments

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Howdo!!
Cheers Muschi, still trying to re-calibrate my brain and riding style. 1st 2nd front comes up hard and in 3rd the front is skiping across the tarmac and its good for 160mph+..........Barking!!
The power is all usable from 1500revs.......all the low down power of a 1100 2valver but the power just keeps coming, you can just ride the torque or nail it upto 10000.
The radial calipers are a big improvement, using the standard 4pad brembo pads at the moment which I am changing this week for SBS dual cabon compound.......so should be outstanding.
The adjustable yokes allow you to trail the front brake without the bike wanting to sit up. Hard on the brakes the bike is more composed. I would like to see it back to back against another SS just to see how it fairs.
Overall very happy with the out come:D

Cheers Pablo

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Ha ha that's ace! I've recently fantasized about getting a run down series 2 or 3 900SL and restomodding it into a "ultraleggera" like you've done but that ST3 engine really is a masterstroke! :D

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
that ST3 engine really is a masterstroke! :D
yeah sounds like, the way it has been upgraded, seem to make it the perfect
mix between the 2 and 4 Valve engines, thanks for the write up Pablo, one can
feel the exitement.

:yeah:

·
Registered
27 Posts
awsome! looks good. you've hidden the radiator well. Its not a standard ST3 radiator is it?
I always thought about converting 3 valve heads for the monster with no liquid cooling...
the ST3 I have shits on the monster and the 748 for grunt.
I'd guess you'd embarrass a lot of 'bigger' bikes with that...

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
That's a cool bike. How much is it weight?
Awesome bike! I also would like to know whether you've weighed it - I bet you have saved a ton of weight, between the swiss-cheesed parts, the new exhaust, and the BST wheels.

Congratulations!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Howdo!!

Thanks for the comments gents. Here's a few pics of some new shiney bits. Billet tank hinge and ETi fuel cell. Will try and get to weigh the bike properly over the next few weeks. Hopefully will have a set of carbon belt covers, starter leads & Magnecor leads. Other mods to come modified headers individual remap on each cylinder (Removing PCIII).

Cheers Pablo

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Beautiful!

I love the old nake supersports. Every time I see one done to this degree I start searching for a good project one to start on.

Have you had it on the track? I bet its a blast!

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Stunning work Pablo. Kudos to you. Yours is my favorite modified SS. I like it even more than mine! Well done.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Awesome bike Pablo. Every time I see it it screws with my head. My SL900 is also yellow and its great but I really could use that extra power.

Bugger it I'll just go look at someone elses bike before I have a rush of blood to the head.

·
Premium Member
8,727 Posts
That is the nicest built and looks 900 naked I've ever seen. Outstanding results. I know its Winter, but does the bike stay cool with the radiator set up you have?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
That is the nicest built and looks 900 naked I've ever seen. Outstanding results.
+1. I have followed this build on the UK Ducati forum for a while, and knew it was going to be special. I'll bet this bike surprises alot of people.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts