Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
18,172 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
I came by last Friday and was actually wondering about it, maybe hop on the Grand Parkway and run my bike at full throttle - it will be a far cry from 200 mph, but still. With my luck, though, there will be a State Trooper, ready to put me in cuffs and confiscate the bike.

One could do other things on these roads before they open them: about a year ago, a new stretch of highway was finished close to Amsterdam (The Netherlands) and prior to opening, they had a race / run. Don't recall if there was a full marathon too, but 5k, 10k, 10 miles, etc. Tens of thousands enjoyed it. Similar to that was the run a few weeks ago in Austin: 2 laps on the MotoGP track.

RonB

·
18,172 Posts

·
18,172 Posts
You know Duckdocter, when I watched this this morning I was thinking, yep, that's a kick butt fast car. But it sure seemed to take him a long time to get up there. I just sort of timed how long it took him to get from his roll to 170 and it was about 30 seconds. I went back and sort of time my old "58'th birthday" video of my 999 making a run up to 170 and it only took about 25 seconds.

Pffft. Car people crack me up. :D

Yes, I know my 999 wont go 200 but it only cost $16k.

·
Flying Brit
1,797 Posts
I have a Lingenfelter Vette with similar horsepower not had it to the max but it I know it would close to this one shown, its the most ridiculous car I have ever owned, insane speed like a GSXR1000 on four wheels, and the V8 sound is just glorious!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
I'm a bit confused by the hoopla in the video. They seemed rather excited about hitting 200. Something was mumbled about 'this is the first' something, something. It's a modified (700 hp?) car and did 200. But, a bone stock '12 ZR1 does 205+. Even the Z06 does just under 200. What am I missing here?

·
18,172 Posts
I'm a bit confused by the hoopla in the video. They seemed rather excited about hitting 200. Something was mumbled about 'this is the first' something, something. It's a modified (700 hp?) car and did 200. But, a bone stock '12 ZR1 does 205+. Even the Z06 does just under 200. What am I missing here?
It was all just a promotional thing about opening a new roadway. Hennessy is a local guy kinda like A.J. It's all just in fun. If you want to nit pick there's plenty of political bull shit out there that's available.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I heard him say it was the first 2014 Vette to hit 200, but I assumed it was just a base Vette (non-Z06) . (But with the Z51 suspension as alluded to in the vid)

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
It was all just a promotional thing about opening a new roadway. Hennessy is a local guy kinda like A.J. It's all just in fun. If you want to nit pick there's plenty of political bull shit out there that's available.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
not nitpicking, I know who Hennessy is, and I understand the video was about the road opening gig. Just wondering what they were going on about.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Texas DPS has Challengers?!? I want one! My Charger looks tough and is faster than I ever thought a cop car would, but an HP Challenger would be just bad-ass!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts