Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took me ages to decide what performance upgrades to do to my Hyper EVO SP 2012 first. I spoke with quite a few different guys who had gotten rid of the airbox for the stacks and pods, and after catching up with Jono (I don't know his handle here but he has a mental Hyper EVO SP with Stacks and a custom SC Project zorst) and hanging out with my new mate 'big Steve' who has also done the WaspWorks Hyper PUK to his 1100S, I decided stacks was the way to go. I read a heap of threads here as well, all saying yes, do it!
I took the plunge and after sorting through my questions with Greg at WaspWorks, placed my order.
What I was really happy to hear was that there was no reflash of the ECU on the EVO SP 2012 model as it has the Siemens ECU, and the PC5 that comes mapped with the kit meant the whole thing was plug an play. Awesome.

Luck came by my way later that day and I also got a really cheap set of Termi slip ons wihtout having to pay full whack for the ECU, so the bike went off this weekend to get upgraded.

I gotta say, it was like getting a brand new bike! Incredible the transformation that the stacks and pods have made is phenomenal. The whole bike BREATHES now which means power is smooth and a straight line curve of torque from whoa to go. I can ride in traffic more easily and I can lift the front wheel under power at ridiculous speeds, and I am crap at wheelies. It feels safer, more controllable, more stable, and more fun to ride at all times. Grunt is on tap everywhere in every gear.

I'm mechanically not able to explain what has happened, but I can say that from a riders perspective if you haven't got rid of you stock airbox, then you are missing out on 50% of you bikes capability imho.
It is amazing the difference it makes. The induction roar makes the brains in my head dribble out of my nose. The Termi pipes are just a bonus for anyone behind me and certainly added that element of Ducati rumble that's missing with the stock pipes.

When my mechanic rang and said it was ready to pick up, he asked if I want the good or bad news, I said bad and he said 'its fast', so I asked what the bad news was he said 'it's loud'. None of things sound bad to me!
But he was right, rolling on the throttle in third from 3 - 6 rpm lets this god almighty cracking roar loose from the induction through the pods to the note at the back end its tight, raw and crackly, it's hard arsed sounding and just ultimately pleasing. I can't stop smiling.

Here's a really short YouTube vid of the note;

Thanks to everyone who lead me down this path, best money I've ever spent.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Did you also get a cat delete? For the couple of bucks I think it's worth it. Saves weight, lets the bike breathe more easily and gives a nice rumble. I'm saving up for the WASP kit, seems like a good upgrade for the hyper.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah not yet, but I think I want to. Problem is the DP part is no longer made. Might look into getting a custom pipe made. Found a cheap one on eBay from China....hmm

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
makes the brains in my head dribble out of my nose.
Hehehe - Geez you have come up with some funny shit over the last week or two..

Quote from previous email's:

"WAAAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!
What did you put in those pods?

FARK man, it's like a whole different bike. Everything just got 80% better than it ever was. The power is so smooth, the way it revs right through the range is unbelievable and that ROAR makes my gonads ache.

I am so unbelievably happy I could snort brains out of my nose and still be smiling.

You guys and your R&D have paid off big time, so glad I made the investment."

and:

"after blasting past a SS Commodore through the mountains yes'day at 120++ kms with front wheel lifting under sheer power, around a 75km corner in the wet, my eyeballs bulging out of their sockes and my face aching from grinning so wide.

What did you do to my bike? Somehow it has transformed the way it handles! The smoother power must derattle it a bit or summink, it's freakin insane now! It's even easier to ride to work as well, the smooooooothness of power delivery is just BEWDIFUL."

You sound like a real wacko Dan = Our type of people... :cool:
Would love to actually meet up with you one day.

Keep that front wheel down mate, specially when plod is around..

Greg.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hehehe... I do get a bit carried away when trying to explain just how much fun this bike is now.

Thanks for being patient and working through all my 'issues' Greg. Wacko -- might try get some custom plates :p

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Nah not yet, but I think I want to. Problem is the DP part is no longer made. Might look into getting a custom pipe made. Found a cheap one on eBay from China....hmm
The DP one is crap. The danmoto pipe on ebay is crap as well. Get a leo-vince or zard cat-delete, they're about $240 and really well built.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Hehehe - Geez you have come up with some funny shit over the last week or two..

Quote from previous email's:

"WAAAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!
What did you put in those pods?

FARK man, it's like a whole different bike. Everything just got 80% better than it ever was. The power is so smooth, the way it revs right through the range is unbelievable and that ROAR makes my gonads ache.

I am so unbelievably happy I could snort brains out of my nose and still be smiling.

You guys and your R&D have paid off big time, so glad I made the investment."

and:

"after blasting past a SS Commodore through the mountains yes'day at 120++ kms with front wheel lifting under sheer power, around a 75km corner in the wet, my eyeballs bulging out of their sockes and my face aching from grinning so wide.

What did you do to my bike? Somehow it has transformed the way it handles! The smoother power must derattle it a bit or summink, it's freakin insane now! It's even easier to ride to work as well, the smooooooothness of power delivery is just BEWDIFUL."

You sound like a real wacko Dan = Our type of people... :cool:
Would love to actually meet up with you one day.

Keep that front wheel down mate, specially when plod is around..

Greg.
Lifting at 120km/h? Nice

Defo going on my to-do list :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
+1 on the Zard colletors, I put them on my bike. Great quality part.
The only problem is the ugly heat shield. I picked up a carbon fiber one from Star Carbon.

-KK

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
It took me ages to decide what performance upgrades to do to my Hyper EVO SP 2012 first. I spoke with quite a few different guys who had gotten rid of the airbox for the stacks and pods, and after catching up with Jono (I don't know his handle here but he has a mental Hyper EVO SP with Stacks and a custom SC Project zorst) and hanging out with my new mate 'big Steve' who has also done the WaspWorks Hyper PUK to his 1100S, I decided stacks was the way to go. I read a heap of threads here as well, all saying yes, do it!
I took the plunge and after sorting through my questions with Greg at WaspWorks, placed my order.
What I was really happy to hear was that there was no reflash of the ECU on the EVO SP 2012 model as it has the Siemens ECU, and the PC5 that comes mapped with the kit meant the whole thing was plug an play. Awesome.

Luck came by my way later that day and I also got a really cheap set of Termi slip ons wihtout having to pay full whack for the ECU, so the bike went off this weekend to get upgraded.

I gotta say, it was like getting a brand new bike! Incredible the transformation that the stacks and pods have made is phenomenal. The whole bike BREATHES now which means power is smooth and a straight line curve of torque from whoa to go. I can ride in traffic more easily and I can lift the front wheel under power at ridiculous speeds, and I am crap at wheelies. It feels safer, more controllable, more stable, and more fun to ride at all times. Grunt is on tap everywhere in every gear.

I'm mechanically not able to explain what has happened, but I can say that from a riders perspective if you haven't got rid of you stock airbox, then you are missing out on 50% of you bikes capability imho.
It is amazing the difference it makes. The induction roar makes the brains in my head dribble out of my nose. The Termi pipes are just a bonus for anyone behind me and certainly added that element of Ducati rumble that's missing with the stock pipes.

When my mechanic rang and said it was ready to pick up, he asked if I want the good or bad news, I said bad and he said 'its fast', so I asked what the bad news was he said 'it's loud'. None of things sound bad to me!
But he was right, rolling on the throttle in third from 3 - 6 rpm lets this god almighty cracking roar loose from the induction through the pods to the note at the back end its tight, raw and crackly, it's hard arsed sounding and just ultimately pleasing. I can't stop smiling.

Ducati Hypermotard EVO SP 2012, Termi slip-ons, WaspWorks PUK - YouTube

hey man , john here!!! white EVO SP from the duc night!! well done........rad aint she!!! bang wowo pop warppppppppp.......

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey man , john here!!! white EVO SP from the duc night!! well done........rad aint she!!! bang wowo pop warppppppppp.......
Ah ha! There you are! I'm crap at these forums, dunno how to use em :mad:

Thanks for the pep talk mate, between you and the big guy, I was sold. Totally awesome.

·
Registered
188 Posts
The DP one is crap. The danmoto pipe on ebay is crap as well. Get a leo-vince or zard cat-delete, they're about $240 and really well built.
i'd recommend the full zard headers, about 500 u.s.a bucks, fit and quality is fantastic

·
Registered
183 Posts
WOT with the WASP pods still brings a big smile to my face and I have them for over a year now. Can't help myself either, when I enter a tunnel I ease of the throttle and wait till the desmo sound fades a little, then crack the throttle wide open -> sound of thunder! :D

·
Registered
36 Posts

Ducati Hypermotard EVO SP 2012, Termi slip-ons, WaspWorks PUK - YouTube

What's happening is that the Hypermotard 1100 motor is finally able to breath. When the Bike was unveiled to the the public the positive reaction was so tremendous that Ducati rushed the bike into production. To keep the bike looking almost exactly like the show bike, Ducati used the airbox from the SportClassic 1000 (same part numbers) to keep production cost down and the bike narrow. What I'm curious of, is whether or not those pods with stacks will fit the bigger gas tank mod? I don't think the pods that come with ca-cycleworks tank come with velocity stacks.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What's happening is that the Hypermotard 1100 motor is finally able to breath. When the Bike was unveiled to the the public the positive reaction was so tremendous that Ducati rushed the bike into production. To keep the bike looking almost exactly like the show bike, Ducati used the airbox from the SportClassic 1000 (same part numbers) to keep production cost down and the bike narrow. What I'm curious of, is whether or not those pods with stacks will fit the bigger gas tank mod? I don't think the pods that come with ca-cycleworks tank come with velocity stacks.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Yup, that's what I figured. The intake ROAR is sensational! I've read on some other threads that it is what others are concerned with..??? Concerned with the most obnoxious and addictive noise ever howled from a mototbike? It's madness! I can't help but crack it at the sweet point around 4k when it really barks - I wish I knew how to type the sound it makes. It's completely insane and worth every cent. BRAAAAAAP DUCUDUC THWWWAAAAAP BWAAAAARRRP <end of rant about insane noise factor joy>

Now re you point about the gas tank. Sad news, no go. The velocity stacks and pods take up every inch of space under there so if you go the cycelworks tank, you are stuck with their filters or so I'm told. I think their mod includes something with the airbox and filters (not sure exactly what) but I have been told by a mad guru here in Oz that imports em that it is a no go.

I don't have a fuel solution other than carrying some MSR fuel bottles on longer rides :eek:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts