Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All you guys that are waiting on the arrival of your new WaspPUk kits wont have to wait much longer.

All orders were packed last night and delivered to the courier today and I will send everyone tracking numbers tonight.
My apologies for the delay in getting these to you but the installation manual and photo's took a lot longer to get together than I anticipated.
Any way, it's completed now and you should all feel the benefits before you know it.

Let me know how you got on with the instructions and I will keep in touch with different maps for the tinkerers that are keen to try them.

Many kits were fitted locally as part of the leadup/development of this product but the owners are in England on holidays, or crashing their bikes, or are not members of this forum so we havent heard back from them yet.

Glendesmo received his kit last week and was sent his install manual by email today. That reminds me Glenn.... I will email you a twin cyl tuned map tomorrow.

Enjoy your fit-up guys, and let us all know your thoughts.

P.S - look out for that rev limiter... It approaches a lot quicker than it used to:D.
Same with the wheelies - Use a bit less throttle now guys :cool:.

Greg.

·
Registered
503 Posts
So is my kit winging it's way soooooooon ?

See you at the bar in October....whose shout...yours or mine....your call !

Cheers Roger

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
hope you guys appreciate all the hard work, he been putting in and neglecting all his ole buddies n stuff :p

·
Registered
737 Posts
I'm surprised you've managed to avoid temptation on this one Corks...especailly with all your mods so far ;)

I've got an old piece of leather i like to chew on to take my mind off of it... anyone else out there like a cat on a hot tin roof?? :D

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you manage to get them out? I didn't get a tracking number.

Cheers

John
Hi John.

BUMMER... I saw your post on the forum thread page and was excitedly assuming you had received your parcel and was going to be the first to rave about it:(

All of the international parcels come with a tracking number but the Australian domestic parcels dont seem to be trackable. I just tried AusPost customer centre but they dont operate after hrs.

All of the local parcels were sent via Australia Posts "Next business day guarantee" providing the destination is within the guarantee area network which I thought yours was.
I genuinely thought the Australian guys would all receive the parcels today (bloody should have done with the price I paid for shipping).

Call me if you dont receive it by lunch tomorrow and I will call the customer centre for an explaination.

Greg.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Mr. Wasp Sir,
Milestone reached - Congratulations - Thanks for all the info you've passed out in the process

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Milestone reached - Congratulations
Thanks Krilli. It has indeed been a long hard slog getting this one across the line.

We are still waiting on field test results for the biposto/GT ecu o2 bypass and will carry on with that part of the project as soon as we are comfortable with reliability.
Next cab off the rank is the Hypermotard and Monster kits but they will come after our release of 1098/1198 induction kits.
These kits have been secretly released for testing to many 1098 customers who are enjoying a 17hp gain:D:cool:. More info to come soon.

In the meantime, I can get on with some really interesting projects that I have been storing up for a latter date. The first of which will be a set of billet rear exhaust hangers and fully adjustable billet rearsets with removable pillion peg billet triangles.

Watch this space.

Greg.

·
Registered
517 Posts
PM just sent for WaspPUKs1 kit!!

WaspPUKs1 kits are on the plane..
The real question is: How much horsepower did the plane gain? and does it mean that they'll get delivered faster???? :D

In the meantime, I can get on with some really interesting projects that I have been storing up for a latter date. The first of which will be a set of billet rear exhaust hangers and fully adjustable billet rearsets with removable pillion peg billet triangles.
I'll be looking forward to that!!!

~k

·
Registered
737 Posts
Unless it was sent via registered or express/platinum service it's not trackable. The next day guarantee only applies to the postcodes stated on the package (if sent in express prepaid satchel). Regular registered takes 3-5 days, coast to coast.

The Platinum service is worth the extra coin. Next day delivery and sent via Australian Air Express i believe...

Yup, you guessed who i work for :D

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PM just sent for WaspPUKs1 kit!!

The real question is: How much horsepower did the plane gain? and does it mean that they'll get delivered faster???? :D

I'll be looking forward to that!!!

~k
P.M sent back atcha - Must have added thrust to the NZ bound plane because one kit has landed there allready... Looks like the US planes are a bit slower - cant be that much farther away?:)

Unless it was sent via registered or express/platinum service it's not trackable. The next day guarantee only applies to the postcodes stated on the package (if sent in express prepaid satchel). Regular registered takes 3-5 days, coast to coast.

The Platinum service is worth the extra coin. Next day delivery and sent via Australian Air Express i believe...

Yup, you guessed who i work for :D
Hmmm - Me thinks I need to have a freindly chat to the local postmaster. He cleaned me out for more than double the charge for nothing if thats the case.

Thanks Jase...

Greg.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Hehe...they'll tell you anything to make the monthly sales targets :p lol

Best way... express post. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Thanks Greg,
The kit arrived today. Couldn't wait till the weekend, so I installed the kit this afternoon.
Working at an easy pace, it took approx. 3 hours to fit.

The instructions are easy to follow. At first when I flicked through the instructions, I thought phaaaark, there is a lot of pages here. It's going to take forever to fit this kit. But its not that bad.

The only hiccup I had was at the tail end with the software. I couldn't get it to install on both Vista laptops, or on the Windows 7 laptop. So I went to the powercommander website and downloaded the software, and installed it with no problems on one of the Vista laptops.

I haven't ridden her yet. The test ride is tommorrow morning.

John

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Greg,
The kit arrived today. Couldn't wait till the weekend, so I installed the kit this afternoon.
Working at an easy pace, it took approx. 3 hours to fit.

The instructions are easy to follow. At first when I flicked through the instructions, I thought phaaaark, there is a lot of pages here. It's going to take forever to fit this kit. But its not that bad.

The only hiccup I had was at the tail end with the software. I couldn't get it to install on both Vista laptops, or on the Windows 7 laptop. So I went to the powercommander website and downloaded the software, and installed it with no problems on one of the Vista laptops.

I haven't ridden her yet. The test ride is tommorrow morning.

John
Good news mate - Thanks for your feedback.
Not so good news about the software.... Bit strange as (as you would have seen) they are the discs that come in the PowerCommander packaging. Glad you found a workaround.
I had no problem installing the software on my computer.

Yeh, the manual might look a bit daunting due to it's size, 36 pages, but it's mainly made up of photos. There are 63 photos in all as I find its better to show something thru a picture than words. All up there is probably only 5 or 6 pages of text.

Double check that you tightened everything back up then get out there and beltthepissoutofit.

Cant wait for your ride report.

Thanks again.

Greg.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Good news mate - Thanks for your feedback.
Not so good news about the software.... Bit strange as (as you would have seen) they are the discs that come in the PowerCommander packaging. Glad you found a workaround.
I had no problem installing the software on my computer.
Hi, professional computer nerd here,
CDs included in boxes are always out of date - they absolutely cannot be relied on to work correctly. To save money, companies often have thousands of CD's pressed when the program is first released, and then they're handing out old stock, sometimes for years. In the meanwhile, all kinds of new computers and operating systems come out, and the old CD's don't work.

It's bad practice but very very common.

I recommend either
*) including a printed-out link to the PowerCommander page, in addition to their OEM software CD, plus a note going "The CD may be useless, please go get the fresh software here ..."
*) or potentially, someone at WaspWorks downloading whatever software is currently at the PowerCommander site and having a local CD burning shop cook up a few dozen.

The link+note route should be enough IMO.

It's not only a nice thing to do as a vendor, but should also prevent some problems that would otherwise need support. A smoother ride for all.

Sincerely,
A well-wisher.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Speaking of shipping, I received notice of the package on the 15th, and received it today in the United States (Kansas to be exact) almost two days later.

Your shippers rock! I can't wait to put this baby in tonight before I head out to give it a run.

Cheers,
Daniel

·
Registered
900 Posts
Thanks Krilli. It has indeed been a long hard slog getting this one across the line.

We are still waiting on field test results for the biposto/GT ecu o2 bypass and will carry on with that part of the project as soon as we are comfortable with reliability.
Next cab off the rank is the Hypermotard and Monster kits but they will come after our release of 1098/1198 induction kits.
These kits have been secretly released for testing to many 1098 customers who are enjoying a 17hp gain:D:cool:. More info to come soon.

Watch this space.

Greg.
My brother has a 1098 and would be VERY interested in your kit. Are you going to have a website for all these kits and mods?

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
PHAAAAAAAAARK!!!!!!!!!!!

I went for a ride this morning. I love it.
The first thing I noticed was the sound of the system coming out from under the front of the tank. Not sure if it sounds louder because I have the fairing and it is echoeing out of there, but it sounds awesome when you give it a fistful of throttle. Here is a small sound clip I made while going around the block. The sound from under the tank drownds out the sound of the Termis.
I would like to hear my bike screaming past me with someone else riding it. *Note - The voice recorder was shoved in my glove, so there is some wind noise)
http://vimeo.com/5650159

I am glad I had a full face helmet with a tinted visor, because I had this stupid grin on my face the whole ride.....and I still have it now.

Once the engine was warm I gave it handfuls of throttle on take off and when coming out of corners. You instantly feel the difference. The front wheel just wants to come up so easily, and you can feel the rear end wanting to break away when powering out of the corners.

To anyone thinking about buying this kit.....Just do it.......after you have spent money on the exhaust, suspension and tyres.

Thanks Greg for the time and effort to make this kit, and for the professional quality of the whole kit.

John

1 - 20 of 32 Posts