Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always being the cautious type...

When I first started the WaspPUK project I, like most other people with K&N (or other) pod type filters, wondered how the filters would go in a torrential downpour with water running off the tank, or even a long ride on rain wet roads with water and shit coming up from the front wheel.
Now, that sort of weather or riding condition is not something that we are used to in Australia, but, these kits are not just staying in Australia. On the contrary, 90% of Wasp product sales are exported out of Australia to all corners of the globe, and global weather patterns :cool:.
Some other manufacturers/users of pod filters will tell you their product "is not weather-sensitive; you can ride in the rain or park your bike outside with no ill effects". ... I preffer to err on the side of caution - And look good while we are at it:D

I immediately started looking into water repellent covers and ended up talking to the good people at "Outerwears".
The material is extremely fine mesh with a water repellent silicone treatment guaranteed (and dyno tested) to have no restrictive impact on the filters capability in our configuration.

What you see below is the end result and will be supplied with every Wasp Power-Up-Kit.

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
noise mate.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
I know you probably don't want to leave your beloved Oz, but you need ot go work at Borgo Paganali for a bit. A lot of the stuff I've been seeing you produce should be on a stock bike.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know you probably don't want to leave your beloved Oz, but you need ot go work at Borgo Paganali for a bit. A lot of the stuff I've been seeing you produce should be on a stock bike.
Nah - Bugger em!!!.
They messed us all around by not putting this stuff on the bikes in the first place.
If they want me they can bloody well come over here and setup a shop next door...:D

Thankfully, thru the works of many aftermarket manufacturers and small timers like Pakbikes, Dietrich, GT Rossi, DPcars and myself, we all have options available to "enhance" our bikes the way we preffer them and think they should have been in the first place.

Thanks for the compliment.
Greg.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts